My little family!

My little family!

Friday, November 9, 2018

WEEK 9

I can OFFICIALLY call this week 9 as I had my first doctor's appointment on Tuesday. I'm going to a new office / hospital this time around so I didn't know what to expect. The appt was (generally speaking) quite boring, minus the ultrasound to determine I'm 4 days further along then thought (yah!) - we got to hear the heartbeat (174 bpm) and it was the sweetest sound in the land. 

I'm still quite sick - I go between extreme nausea & extreme hunger. My moods are all over the place and I'm without energy. BUT...

This week, we told the kids. We decided after the appt on Tuesday it was good a time as any so we decided to put together a scavenger hunt... I wrote up poems and printed out the letters spelling out BABY - we picked them up from school on Tuesday and they were off to the races!! It was, BY FAR, one of my most favorite moments as a parent. The joy and excitment on their faces was magical - the questions since then have been non-stop...including "Is it a boy or girl? What should we name it? Where will it sleep? When will it be here? How big is it? What will it eat? How long until it can talk? Can I hold it? Can I feed it? Can I change it's diaper?" - I mean, the best. We are pretty excited !!




•How far along?: I'm officially 9 weeks today. 

•How big is baby?: The baby is a CHERRY! 

•Weight gain: I don't know. This is a problem. My eating has become solely carb-based (think bagels, pretzels, cereal, repeat...) - I just can't seem to find anything healthy that sounds good. I'm trying to really balance and I'm just avoiding the scale along the way. Its been nearly 3 weeks since the gym but I'm hoping to get back there soon.

•Stretch marks?: I really need to start applying my Bio Oil.

•Maternity clothes?: I'm quickly approaching this but for now, still in regular clothes.

•Sleep?: Tired but sleeping fairly good at night - I'm taking Unisom & B6 to combat the nausea.

•Food cravings?: Nada. I just don't want to eat. 

•Gender?: I still think it's a girl.

•Movement?: Nope...

•Labor signs?: Nope...

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: I just miss energy and the gym and eating food and feeling good. I miss looking forward to events over the weekends / during the week - right now, I just want to hide under the covers and sleep.


•Milestone: Telling the kids was a BIG milestone. They were so excited and it's really making this all feel very real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment