My little family!

My little family!

Friday, November 9, 2018

12 weeks!

Happy Friday, friends!!

I've now hit the 12 week mark - pretty exciting!

We had a good week (except I am really feeling awful, nausea / energy wise) - but it was Halloween and we celebrated with ALLLLLL the candy & trick or treating.

I had an appointment with the doctor I'd like to deliver on Tuesday - he was great and very kind. I had a quick ultrasound and he confirmed everything looked great. The heart-rate was 167. I will officially be having another C-Section at 39 weeks (looking like roughly 5/10/19) - I also had the blood-work done. It's similar to an amniocentesis but without the risk. It will test for the 5 main chromosome issues and hopefully everything will come up negative. As I'm now in "advanced maternal age" being 35, this test was extra important for me and I'm so glad it's offered. He said I can call the office Monday or Tuesday for the results! As a fun perk, they can also tell the gender from this test. I'm going to have them put it in an envelope and take it to a bakery for cupcakes with the filling in either pink or blue :)

This morning, I had my 12 week ultrasound. I brought my mom & Josh and it was so much fun. The technician was INCREDIBLE - so kind and patient and explained every thing she showed us. The baby is now a BABY - like, legs / hands / arms, head - I mean, it's crazy in such a short time how it becomes so human! Per my app, the baby is now a Plum and about 2 inches but per my ultrasound, she estimated 3 inches :) They measure the folds in the baby's neck which tend to be thicker if Downs Syndrome is present. These measurements all appeared great so that's good news. Overall, a nice and easy morning, Thank God.

Moving along.... technically speaking  - only 27 weeks to go :)













•How far along?: 12 weeks!

•How big is baby?: We are now officially a plum - yum! I know some consider this the start of the 2nd trimester but I'm waiting until we get our testing back from my bloodwork before announcing baby # 3 to the world. 

•Weight gain: I chickened out / forgot to weigh myself this morning. Whoops.

•Stretch marks?: Applying bio-oil and hoping for the best. 


•Maternity clothes?: I wore regular jeans the other day and wanted to take them off by 11 AM - I think it's official. Maternity jeans for the win. Regular shirts for now. 

•Sleep?: Off & on. Waking up a bunch. To pee. Or for no reason. Layla was up at 4 AM this morning and then woke up Benny and then I was up and it's just rough. I'm tired. Like, all the time. 

•Food cravings?: This week was rough with food. Nothing smells or tastes particularly good. I'm trying. I had a big salad today for lunch and that was good but now I feel like poo. 

•Gender?: I'm SO sure it's a girl - I swear I'll pee my pants if it's a boy. 

•Movement?: Not yet but at my ultrasound this morning, that little babe was hopping and dancing ALL around. I can't wait to feel those sweet moves. 

•Labor signs?: Nope...

•Belly button in or out?: In.

•What I miss: I just miss feeling good. I miss energy. I miss wanting food. 


•Milestone: 12 weeks feels good. The ultrasound this morning was good. I had the Panarama blood test earlier this week and I've now heard the heartbeat 3 times - all exciting. I look forward to announcing our pregnancy to the world this week :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment