| GIRLY! |
| Sesame Place - Josh, Layla & BIG BIRD! |
| Burt, Josh & Layla... love this! |
| Josh & Layla make the same faces often - it's so cute. |
| Layla's eyes lit up seeing Cookie Monster! |
| A little nervous to meet Elmo despite asking for him ALL day! ;) |
| Cookie loving!! |
| She loved it! (Kind of..haha) |
| HAPPY HANNUKAH! We have been lighting the Menorah every night - Layla loves it (and gifts - and Hannukah gelt) |
| Bath fun! |
| Ready for her 1st day of school! |
| One of the pictures her teacher sent me! |
| SHE SLEEPS AT SCHOOL! (I didn't send Mr Bear or Kyle and she ended up sleeping with a baby doll - too cute) |
Howdy!!!
What a GREAT week we had...
Friday 12/7 - Addison (Keith & Melissa's 15th month old daughter) and Lily (Jeff & Kristin's 2 month old daughter) came over for a play date!!! It was so much fun and nice to see the girls playing together. I can't believe how big Layla & Addie are getting - Lily is SO sweet, a little bundle of joy. That night, we (Josh, Layla & myself) had a yummy dinner at KC Prime.
Saturday 12/8 - I woke up early to get my haircut & colored.. it's always nice to have a bi of pampering! Afterwards, home to pick up Layla & Josh and we were Sesame Place bound for a Very Furry Christmas -- we had 12 PM reservations for lunch and it was the best thing ever. The park didn't open until 1:00 PM so we were literally some of the first people there - once inside, we had our own table and were literally SWARMED by all the characters!! Everyone from Elmo, Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Zoe - it was so great and Layla really loved it. She was a little nervous from time to time but smiled so big! The food wasn't great but who cares?! Afterwards, we went to see a show, Josh & Layla rode 2 rides (merry-go-round and Dumbo-like ride) - it was cold so we left. A perfect afternoon! That night, Josh went out with friends and I experienced my first contractions. OW. Not fun. A little scary but not too bad -- I think my body is getting ready! (It was also the start of HANNUKAH!! We gave Layla her shopping cart with fake food!)
Sunday 12/9 - We finally picked out cabinets for our island - kitchen renovations will now begin!! We were hoping to have it done by baby B's arrival but no such luck... we'll probably end up holding off on starting until February. I would have loved to have it done by the baby's bris but it's okay - no biggie fries. That day, Josh put together Layla's play kitchen - SHE LOVES IT! It's so much fun and adorable to watch her COOK!
Monday 12/10 - Stanley Steemer came in the morning and cleaned all the rugs - wahoo! Smells and looks great! Ready for baby boy! Lunch with my dad in the afternoon (yum). Doctor's appointment that afternoon - baby is measuring great.
Tuesday 12/11 - Toddler Tunes in the morning. Errands with my girly. Lots of cuddles. Preparations for school. Lots of mama tears!!!
Wednesday 12/12 - Layla's FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! I took the morning off of work and Josh was able to fit his schedule so he could take her to school with us. We all got ready - I cried while Layla drank milk. I cried while I put her dress on. I just cried - when did she get SO big?! We took her to school and went into the classroom. We were warmly greeted by her teachers (Lizzie & Louise) - Layla clung to Josh's hands for a few minutes but then was off exploring! We handed the teacher all of her things and noticed Layla was happy so we left... it was the weirdest, hardest feeling. I had my holiday party for work so I was occupied which helped. That afternoon, the teacher text messaged me saying that Layla cried a little bit but was doing great. She loved the moon bounce and games (it was Hannukah Game Day!), played nice, ate some lunch and ever SLEPT! I was so happy and proud. I picked her up from school and we cuddled all night. I'm nervous for Friday but confident everyday will get better & better!!!
Ok... must run but we're 4 1/2 weeks away. My C-Section time was moved from 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM yesterday - stinks because I can't eat past midnight the night before but it's still the same day (1/14) so I'm happy about that.
Tonight is Hannukah celebrations at my parent's house... this weekend includes Hannukah celebration at Aunt Karen & Uncle Brad's house and baby sprinkle on SUNDAY!
Until next week!!!
xx
C
No comments:
Post a Comment