| My snow lover!! |
Happiest new years, dear family & friends!!!
I have made it to a very exciting and crazy time in pregnancy - 37 weeks - FULL TERM BABY!!!
It's been a bit of a crazy week...a horrific lingering cold turning into a full blown sinus infection, TONS of contractions (some very painful), a big snow storm, a visit from best friends and the start of a new year... lots of updates and lots of fun!!!
Josh even got a new car..... a brand new 2013 MERCEDES BENZ!!! Never in my life did I think I'd own a Benz. It's gorgeous and I'm so happy for him - he worked so hard to get his dream car!!!
First off... a little look back at this past year :)
Favorite trip? We were lucky enough to travel a lot this year - I think my favorite trip was Miami in May. It was the first time Josh & I left Layla for an extended time (4 days) and it was romantic, lovely and relaxing.
Favorite book? I SO wish I read more... but hands down, the Hunger Games trilogy. I loved every second of it.
Favorite movie? I stink at this game as I forget what movies we have seen -- I really loved Argo, Wanderlust and the 20 minutes of Les Miserables I saw before we had to leave due to my extreme contractions (ha!)
Favorite TV show? This is tough as well. I love Californication, Once Upon A time... but I think my favorite was Homeland. I watched the entire series in a VERY short time.
Favorite song? Album? I listened to a lot of Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, assorted Glee songs and a ton of children's music :)
Favorite purchase? I'd have to say my min-van. I'm obsessed and I'll most likely drive a mini-van for the next 20 years - they are the best invention.
Favorite meal out? Josh & I went to DC for my 29th birthday and ate at the Occidental - it was SO yummy.
Favorite new recipe? Josh started crock pot Sunday... he makes amazing & yummy recipes including lasagna, sloppy joes and Hawaiian chicken - all so good.
Favorite day? I LOVED Layla's 1st birthday party - it was so full of love. I also love the day we found out we were pregnant again. It was intense, I cried and I realized how completely lucky we are.
Favorite outfit? Pre-maternity clothes, I fell in love with "Not Your Mother's Jeans" - they made me feel skinny and good. I bought 2 pairs and plan to buy more post-baby.
Favorite holiday? I love all holidays... I'll go with Valentine's Day! :)
Favorite book? I SO wish I read more... but hands down, the Hunger Games trilogy. I loved every second of it.
Favorite movie? I stink at this game as I forget what movies we have seen -- I really loved Argo, Wanderlust and the 20 minutes of Les Miserables I saw before we had to leave due to my extreme contractions (ha!)
Favorite TV show? This is tough as well. I love Californication, Once Upon A time... but I think my favorite was Homeland. I watched the entire series in a VERY short time.
Favorite song? Album? I listened to a lot of Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, assorted Glee songs and a ton of children's music :)
Favorite purchase? I'd have to say my min-van. I'm obsessed and I'll most likely drive a mini-van for the next 20 years - they are the best invention.
Favorite meal out? Josh & I went to DC for my 29th birthday and ate at the Occidental - it was SO yummy.
Favorite new recipe? Josh started crock pot Sunday... he makes amazing & yummy recipes including lasagna, sloppy joes and Hawaiian chicken - all so good.
Favorite day? I LOVED Layla's 1st birthday party - it was so full of love. I also love the day we found out we were pregnant again. It was intense, I cried and I realized how completely lucky we are.
Favorite outfit? Pre-maternity clothes, I fell in love with "Not Your Mother's Jeans" - they made me feel skinny and good. I bought 2 pairs and plan to buy more post-baby.
Favorite holiday? I love all holidays... I'll go with Valentine's Day! :)
*****
So let's see.....
It's been a great week despite feeling like COMPLETE poo. We had a lot of fun with Laura & Clay but all of our plans got screwed up due to sickness, contractions and snow... literally everything I planned fell through. Luckily, they are the best and the 4 of us have fun sitting on my sofa watching Layla run around. Laura is more then half way through her pregnancy and it's so exciting -- I can't wait for our boys to grow up together!
New Years Eve was spent contracting and ALMOST going to the hospital... I ultimately decided they weren't consistent enough and we went to Matt & Danielle's house instead. It was a really fun celebration but we left early so Layla could sleep and I could to be comfortable.
And now here we are.... a new year, a baby coming (any second??), an amazing soon-to-be 19 month old stealing my heart and so many more exciting things coming our way.
I look forward to this year with open arms & an open heart. We are so lucky, to blessed.
Today is my last full day of work - I'll sign on tomorrow for an hour to finish up, then I'm done until MAY - I am really looking forward to spending the next few days relaxing and preparing. I will be back this weekend to write Layla's 19 month entry along with a letter to my dear, sweet boy...
Lots of love & Happy new year!
-Court
-Court
| What a difference a year makes..... |
![]() |
| 37 week belly with Layla Jules! |
| Layla at 37 weeks! |
| Baby belly today!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment