30 WEEKS OLD!
...Happy new years everyone. 2012, is that true? Is it REALLY 2012? Seems impossible, seems insane that a whole year has come and gone.
We had a nice week - Layla can officially announce she has her FIRST TOOTH! It is on the bottom in the middle and it's sharp as a knife. Poor thing was in a lot of pain all week (along with severe constipation - possibly due to squash?) - but she's hanging in and pushing through. Her food choices are growing wider - this week we introduced prunes (to help things - um- move?) and pears which she loves. I'm really loving the foods - she seems to like everything she tries and loves to sit in her high chair. We are about 50% making our own food and 50% buying organic jarred baby food. It's a good mix and works well.
New Years Eve was fun - we went to Matt & Danielle's house for a party - all my siblings were there (first year we were all together!) and it was really great to be with the kiddies. We tried to put Layla to sleep in Matt & Danielle's room and she fell asleep but kept waking up - I felt so bad so we left around 9. :( I probably could have kept her on my lap and hope she fell asleep but we didn't think it was fair to her - besides, NYE isn't a big priority to me so I didn't mind leaving. We came home, put the babe to bed, and I stayed awake as long as possible - Josh woke me a few minutes before midnight and we celebrated the new year with a smooch, then promptly passed out.
Being a parent changes everything - in the best possible way.
I'm so excited to see what 2012 has in store - I wish lots of health, happiness and love for everyone. We are starting the year off right with a trip down to South Florida on Thursday to celebrate Josh's grandpa's 90th birthday. What a wonderful celebration - I can't wait to see everyone! This is Layla's 4th trip to Florida (she'll be 7 months on Friday, pretty insane) - it should be a good time and of course we will enjoy some warm weather.
The baby is sleeping on Josh as we speak - her usual looong afternoon nap (I usually have to wake her after 3 hours) - it's been a rough couple of weeks of sleeping for her. I guess it's the teething? She seems to be waking up around 3:00 AM every night and crying - sometimes falling back asleep on her own, sometimes needing the pacifier and a quick pat on the back to let her know everything is okay. She still wakes up between 4-6 AM to eat once, then generally goes back to sleep and wakes up around 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM. I wouldn't mind her early wake up if she didn't have the two middle of the night wake-ups - buuuut - she goes down super easy thanks to bedtime routine (at 7 PM - 7:15 PM) and I know it could be worse - I'm just waiting for 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep - maybe one day?? ;)
After Florida, we are going to work on napping in the crib - her afternoon nap is almost on me and I can never get anything done. We'll work on that next and hopefully it goes well -she loves her crib at night so praying it's not too hard of a transition!!
I guess I should document my new year's resolutions -
1. EXERCISE. We bought an elliptical this summer and I can (embarrassingly) admit I've been on it TWICE. Uh. I have another 12 or so pounds to lose from the pregnancy but I want my body back in shape. By this summer, I'd like to wear a bikini without feeling like a blimp.
2. DECORATE. I've lived in my house since March and the only room I feel is complete is Layla's nursery. This is fabulous but it's time for the rest of the house to follow suit! We have been to two furniture stores but I haven't found any pieces I love. I refuse to settle this time around - the townhouse, we basically furnished with what we thought was cheap, comfortable and easy - this time around, it's all about style! I decided to paint my dining room a gorgeous shade of turquoise - I'm going BOLD. I'm excited.
3. RELAX. I'm always feeling anxious about chores, the house being a mess, my body being fat, the dessert I ate 3 nights ago, etc. It's silly, really. These thoughts can be put towards much better use - like playing with Layla or watching a good movie.
4. READ. I've been on a huge reading kick lately and I LOVE it - I read the Hunger Games series in about 2 weeks and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm looking to make a list of books to read in 2012 and hope to accomplish it! I recently downloaded the Steve Jobs biography on my IPAD and I can't seem to get into it.
5. LOVE. It's all that matters.
| Abbey & Layla - my darlings. |
| HAPPY NEW YEARS! |
No comments:
Post a Comment