![]() |
| Family. This is what I woke up to this morning. |
Where is time going...???
We had a great week. Highlights including...
*Visiting Mom-Mom Rose & Mom-Mom Millie. It was so great and I hope to visit them as often as possible - Layla's so very lucky to have 4 great-grandparents in her life.
*Going out to eat and OFTEN. Josh & I really need to learn how to cook more, ha ha. Layla does amazing at restaurants. Often sleeps and otherwise relaxes.
*Lunch and shopping with Aunt Rachel Luber - she had a breakdown by the end of lunch but it's her mama's own fault for not timing it out better -- I almost had to nurse her in the car but she made it all the way home without too much of an issue! Aunt Ray also bought Layla her first bikini - too cute for words.
*Cheesecake Factory, twice.
*Josh's flag football game - he was INCREDIBLE!
*Shari's 4th of July bbq, yummy cheeseburgers!
A big highlight includes Layla's baby naming yesterday at our house. It was a HUGE success. I was so nervous to have a big group of people over but we had the perfect amount - about 30 people. We invited double but due to the holiday weekend, several couldn't come. We had Ben & Irvs deli trays delivered, Mom-Mom Andi made pasta salad and we had a HUGE Hesh's chocolate chip cake for dessert. An intense amount of food but delicious!! The Rabbi, Jessica, was wonderful - the ceremony was so thoughtful and beautiful. I'm so glad we did it and it will be a wonderful memory for us. Layla's Hebrew name is "Lyla Channa", named for my Great Aunt Anna (Mom-Mom Rose's sister) and Josh's great-grandmother, Caroline (on his Mom's side). We will be having a second baby naming in Florida on August 13th and I can't wait!
Breastfeeding -- I have to admit. It's hard. It's really, really hard. A lot of pain, a lot of time and an overall huge commitment. I'm trying to stay strong and push through. Often, I wonder if I should supplement with formula at night to keep my sanity. I debate myself on this often. I am not a fan of the breast pump although I'm trying to get used to it. I don't know what I'm going to do when I return to work - I'm actually dreading this and think about it often. I am going to read about the possibility of supplementing with formula versus freezing breast milk. I am really, really conflicted.
Pacifier -- The best invention known to mankind. Layla is seriously in love with her Soothies and it's an immediate relief for her. Last night, she couldn't calm down from 4AM-6AM. If it wasn't for the pacifier, I think I would have cried for 2 hours straight.
Nanny - We need a nanny for Wednesdays starting the end of August. I'm seriously worried about this and need to figure out a solution as soon as possible.
Doctor's appointment - Layla's next appointment is on Friday. I love going to see how much she weighs!
Me - I'm doing well. I have my moments but overall I'm feeling more and more confident. I'm healing well and the bulk of my pain is gone (I haven't used any pain medication in over a week). My scar is red and ugly but Josh says it's beautiful. He's amazing. I'm down exactly 24 pounds -- 28.6 more to go!! I can't wait until I'm allowed to work out again... the elliptical is calling my name!! I hate my soft body and I'm ready to rid my closet of anything maternity!! I have my follow-up appointment on July 11th. I barely sleep and sometimes I forget to eat. I need to remember to brush my teeth and make sure my boobs aren't hanging out of my shirt when we have guests over. I forget everything and I sometimes wonder if I have pants on but... She's so perfect. She's so worth it. I just can't get enough of her face!!!
...so that's our week via a new mama's mind. She'll be 1 month in 2 days and I'm speechless. I'll write again on Wednesday, as I try to remember everything from our 1st month as a family of 3. Plus 2 furballs.
xoxo
![]() |
| 4 weeks and cuter everyday!! |


Oh my, you have nailed it on the nose. I remember not getting a chance to brush my teeth and wondering..."what does the baby think of my breath?" I am sure many have given you advice on this and that so they only thing i will say is CHERISH EVERY SECOND!!! They grow up so fast with in the first year. It's so bittersweet
ReplyDeleteI really love this blog! It's so wonderful you are keeping track of everything. Don't worry about hating breastfeeding, many women do - they just don't admit it. Hannah absolutely refused to nurse and we went through three lactation specialists and nothing worked. So I ended up pumping for 7 months, until I just couldn't take it anymore. I didn't have too much milk so once in a while we'd supplement. Don't worry, relax and know that whatever you do, she will love you for it!
ReplyDeleteAs for the pacifier, consider yourself lucky. Many babies wont take a pacifier and never learn how to self soothe. Personally, I think the pacifier is a life-saver (although I know many moms will disagree). Hannah was given a pacifier during naps/night and when she was extremely cranky. I took it away around 15 months and it was totally easy and simple. No harm done! Plus, sucking on a pacifier is better for their teeth than sucking on a thumb!
Keep writing! Can't wait for the next one.