My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Life Lately...........

Hellooooooooooo friends!

Happy SPRING! Happy PASSOVER! Happy EASTER! And all that has happened between January and today. 

A quick glimpse into our life lately...

First and foremost...

please welcome the newest member of the England family...

LONDON! 



A few weeks ago, while at my niece Remi's party, there was an open adoption event next door. Josh & I quickly dumped the kids at Chuck-E-Cheese and ran to swoon over every single puppy and dog for sale. We fell in love with the sweetest little lab/basset hound puppy and put in for his adoption. A couple of hours later, we learned he had already been spoken for. Bummed but determined, we decided to continue the search through Wags (an amazing local adoption organization). This is where it gets fun.... 

A friend of mine, Heather, read a post I put on Facebook and put me in touch with her college friend, Sarah, to discuss Wags and their process. Sarah told me she was currently fostering a couple of dogs including one named Tom Talbot.. she said he was SO sweet and great with kids and cats and other dogs and sounded just about perfect. On a whim, we decided to go meet him. It was love at first sight. He's roughly 5 years old - a Treeing Walker Coonhound - and the coolest pup in the all the land. 


SO.. on April 6, 2017 we officially adopted him. In the past 3 weeks, we have really learned each other. We are seeing more of his personality come out every single day. His favorite toys include all of Benny's cars and a couple of random stuffed animals. He HATES squeaky toys. He is learning to love the cats. The kids are obsessed. He sleeps on his dog bed. And he's awesome. He doesn't bark, lick or jump. He's about as lazy as they come. AND also... he has chronic ear infections like Benny so he fits right in. 





Ok... now to catch up...


What I've Been Reading.....
I've been on a major book tear lately. I finally finished listening on Audible to "Before I Go to Sleep" by S.J. Watson (really enjoyed it). I also read "Luckiest Girl Alive" by Jessica Knoll (perfect vacation reading) and "Small Great Things" by Jodi Picoult (intense and very good read). I'm now reading "The Woman in Cabin 10" by Ruth Ware. It's fun so far! I'm really trying for a book a month. I'm also listening to "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr. I've only just begun but I can tell this will be a doozy. 

What I've Been Watching...
I've watch some REALLY amazing TV lately. The things that stick out? The Girlfriend Experience, Big Little Lies (LOVED it - also loved the book), 13 Reasons Why, The Missing, Transparent, Love... so many good shows, so little time. 

What I've Been Eating...
 I mean, literally, everything. It's been too many months of wanting to diet but no desire or drive. I am the heaviest I've been in a LONG time. I still go to the gym 2-3 times a week but I hope to up that as well as do better in my work-outs. Being 33, losing weight is HARD... (at age 23, I lost weight so much easier.) FUN STUFF!!

What I've Been Doing... 
We have been spending lots of time outside. We are getting ready to open our pool in about 10 days, WAHOOOOOOOO! The kiddos joined their first team-sport together. We're doing Quickball (combined T-Ball/Baseball). They love it. They are on a team with their cousins, Remi & Sami. It's so so cute. GO FIREBOLTS!

What I'm Planning...
TOO many fun things coming up. We are heading to Florida this weekend. I'm going to NYC to see Dear Evan Hansen in a few weeks. Lots of birthday parties. Layla's 6th birthday is fast approaching (Chuck E Cheese here we come!). We are taking the kids to see Lion King in NYC. Layla's graduating Kindergarten. Camp starts in less then 2 months. I want to plan a vacation (Jamaica, anyone?) Lots of goodness. 

What I'm Loving...
I've been on a big Stitch Fix kick -- I mean, I LOVE shopping but I NEVER have a chance. Stitch Fix is the best. They send you 5 pieces of clothes for a $20 styling fee (which is deducted from your total) -- you keep what you want and send back the rest. EASY. Cute, fun and awesome new clothes without leaving my house? SOLD! ALSO... Rent The Runway is still one my favorites. We have a wedding coming up in July for one of our favorite college friends and I refuse to buy a new dress that I'll only wear once... instead, I RENT! It's better for my wallet and the environment!! AND lastly.. Ebates - because, hello....they PAY you to shop online. Literally. It costs you NOTHING and you make an actual check. Currently I've made $646,95 for shopping online on sites I would have shopped anyway. Check it out, you won't be sorry. 

What I'm Dreading...
Paying off debt. Teaching Benny to poop on the potty. Losing weight. Thinking about a beautiful friend & sorority sister who passed away last week. 

What I'm Excited For...
Our mini vacation away!! SUMMER! Layla starting her first real day camp. Benny starting his new school/camp. Small changes in our house (new light fixtures, painting). Spending time with my best friend's new baby boy, KAI PHILLIP!!

What I'm Listening to...
Hamilton soundtrack (we finally got tickets for NEXT JANUARY!). Dear Evan Hansen soundtrack. And obviously the movie Trolls soundtrack

.... so many things to write but I need to get going. Work. Packing. Cleaning. LIFE :)

I hope you're all well and I'll be back with Layla's 6th birthday post (if not sooner!)
xo
C















No comments:

Post a Comment