My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

What I'm doing....

Howdy!!

A little update on what I'm doing, nowadays. I love reading these types of posts on other blogs because it opens my eyes to new food, books, tv shows & movies!!!

What I'm watching....Literally, right now, I'm watching Making a Murderer on Netflix. It's a documentary made over 10 years about a murder (amongst other things) and it's MIND BLOWING. I'm numb watching it because it's just insane to me. I don't want to ruin it (plus I'm only on episode 5) but PLEASE tell me you are watching too. Then let's get together, drink coffee & discuss all things wrong with the judicial systems. (Also, American Crime, Pretty Little Liars & Gilmore Girls)

What I'm reading... 11/22/63 by Stephen King. It's JUST SO GOOD. I can't put it down. I'm about 100 pages in and already loving the characters. Ironically this is my first King book but won't be my last. I have 4 books stockpiled in my Audible account (do you listen to books on tape? I love it) but they are taking a back seat to all things JFK.

What I'm eating... I officially weighed in this morning after taking the past month off of eating healthy. It was sad and frustrating (I'm up 4.8 pounds) but tomorrow starts my 3rd 21 DAY FIX challenge (2nd as a coach) and I'm beyond excited to get back on board. Did you gain weight over the holidays?? Let me know and I'll help you get back on track!!! So.. I'll be eating a lot of fruits, veggies, lean meats and nuts the next 3 weeks. So this afternoon I'll be inhaling mocha iced coffee one last time.

What I'm wearing... give me ALL THE PLAID. It's basically my uniform this winter. I love it so very much. It's cute, comfortable and overall just fun! I remember wearing plaid back in middle school but this updated look is way more fun. We had our first snow 2 nights ago and already I'm dreaming of Spring weather (hahaha).

What I'm excited about... Benny's 3rd birthday (today!), Josh's parents visiting this weekend, Benny's birthday party on Sunday, my sister's 40th birthday in a couple of weeks, my best friend's 32nd birthday in a  couple of weeks and my favorite Floridian having her 2nd baby boy at the end of the month!!

What I'm planning... think ALL things travel related. We are heading down to Florida in April for our 6th anniversary so we're planning a mini-trip to Miami for a couple of nights. I'm looking for hotels, restaurants and fun things to do in Miami! In August, we'll be heading back to Florida and plan on doing another mini-getaway to Key West. I LOVE it there and haven't been since Laura's bachelorette party so it'll be a fun getaway! We'll head to Florida AGAIN for thanksgiving and once more at the end of the year... where I'm planning a BIG getaway to Mexico!! We are looking at Excellence Playa Mujeres - it's come highly recommended. It's the same 8 of us (family) plus this time we're inviting friends! Good stuff!

What I want to buy...Benny's big boy bed, dressers for both kids' rooms, a new dishwasher, an ottoman for my living room, an ottoman for my closet, and about a million other fun things.

What I'm listening to...lately, it's been a lot of Beatles goodness (I've even brought up the Across the Universe soundtrack). Also, Jewel. Also, Alanis.

That's about all, folks.
What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment