My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Benny turns THREE!!!!
























Still cooking in my belly!
My first glimpse of you, sweet boy. 

I weigh HOW much?? 10 pounds, 1 ounce? WOAH BABY.

Meeting Layla for the first time....

CHUBBY!!!




Height - No idea but I'd guess well over 40 inches.
Weight - Around 38 pounds.
Hair - Dark Blond, Always needs a haircut.
Eyes - Big, brown, shiny!
Body - Tall, broad, losing your chub and BIG!

My little buddy...

HAPPIEST 3RD BIRTHDAY BOYFRIEND!!! I'm not quite sure you know or understand or care that you're turning 3 but we do!! You are so excited about your Shabbat birthday & your Batman party & all the exciting things that come along with a birthday (presents & cake!). 

Three years ago, we left your sister (19 months old at the time) sleeping while Dada & I drove to the hospital. I had been contracting for weeks prior (pretty intense) but you sat quietly kicking, waiting to make your entrance at 39 weeks. I laid on the table while the doctors took you out via caesarean section. They pulled you out and the nurses screamed WOW!! I remember begging them to tell me what was wrong and they happily exclaimed "He's perfect! He's HUGE!" - and you were. 10 pounds, 1 ounce - all perfection. I couldn't have loved you more then I did that very second. They laid you on my chest while they finished surgery and we were forever bonded to each other. 

And now we have hit a huge milestone - three years old!!! You are ALL boy - you love to run, jump, fight, dance, play, kick, lick and yell. BUT - you are also still such a little love. You always want to hold my hand. You always want to sit curled up in my lap. You love to snuggle and cuddle and always have a hand resting on my arm (even while eating, coloring or just sitting watching a movie). 

Your relationship with Layla is your most important one. You are each other's mirror. You have your own language that only you two understand. You play games, watch movies, wrestle and giggle all day, everyday. I can't imagine your days without each other and it's so much fun to watch. You are very protective over her and I hope you always will be. You often fight over toys, movies, attention and more but at the end of the day, you get back to playing or giggling together. I love watching the two of you together and I believe your relationship will grow over time.

Your relationship with your cousins & friends is so special. You LOVE your boy cousins (Max, Andrew & Justin) and at the same time, you're fascinated and love to play with the girls (Ava, Marley, Abbey, Remi & Sammi). You can sit quietly and play by yourself for a long time (usually with your little guys - Batman, Superman, etc). Your friends from school are becoming more & important to you - especially one little girl who, dare I say, is your first love. Her name is Ryann and you really, truly adore her. It's so cute!!! You also love to talk about Brody, Tuli, Leighton & Chesna.

One of my favorite things about you is your giggle. It's LOUD & infectious. Sometimes I tickle you for as long as you can take it just so I can hear your sweet laugh!!! It's my favorite, along with your sweet little voice.

Some of your favorite places to go are the zoo, the aquarium, the mall, Sesame Place & Disney World. We recently went and you really loved the sights, sounds & rides!! Your up for anything and willing to try it all (unlike your sister who recently developed a fear of many rides at Disney). We went on one ride alone together (Lilo & Stitch) and it got VERY dark and quiet for a long time. It was quite scary and you clung to my hand, whispering you wanted to get out and see Layla. I felt so sad for you but you pushed through and told me after "That was very scary and I hated it!" Poor boy.

You love your grandparents so much. We recently spent lots of time with your Grandma & Grandpa in Florida and you really, really loved it. Your quite attached to me but it's really sweet that your okay while we're away!! You also ADORE your Mom-Mom & Pop-Pop. You talk about them all the time. You learned which roads lead to their house so whenever we drive, you always get excited when we are near their house. You also have two incredible great-grandmothers. Mom-Mom Millie (who we will visit tomorrow on your birthday!) and GG (who we spent lots of time with in Florida). You're so lucky and special to have all these grandparents & great-grandparents who love you!!!

You are in the middle of your 2nd year of school and seriously loving it. Last year, you really grew in Miss Lizzie & Miss Jen's room. This year you're LOVING life in Mrs Gave & Miss Elaine's room!! You are learning so much and enjoy your days there. You'll go to camp again there this summer which you loved last year. I love that you are learning all the Jewish traditions and hope you continue to explore this part of your life.

You are an INCREDIBLE eater -- you love any and all foods and you're almost always willing to try something new. Your favorite foods include: Chinese Food (specifically Wonton Soup & White Rice), Mexican Food (specifically burritos with EVERYTHING in them, brown rice, beans), pizza, mac & cheese, chicken nuggets, raisin bran cereal, purple juice boxes, vanilla ice cream with sprinkles, bagels with butter, eggs, pork roll...the list goes on. Suffice to say, you love food like a good growing boy!!!

You have recently started to care more about TV & movies. Your absolute favorites are Peter Pan and Hotel Transylvania. Also, Dada introduced you to Jake & The Neverland Pirates and your a big fan! Still, you'd rather play then watch TV or sit on an iPad. When you ask to play on my phone, it's to look at pictures of you & Layla, watch Youtube videos of Captain Hook or do puzzles. You LOVE to read books -- recently we have been reading  a Bubble Guppies book and Hungry Little Caterpillar. 

You like to learn and I'm going to really start on teaching you spelling and sight words soon. You love to sing your ABCs and count your numbers. We are working on counting objects.
My baby boy, I love you so much. You are kind and funny and smart. You love to learn and love to play and love to cuddle. You are going to start sleeping in your big boy bed tonight. We are going to work on potty training over the next few weeks. You love your glasses. You love superhero apparel. You wear pajamas 4-5 days a week. You are so special and loving and everything I could ask for. 

I love you forever,
Mama

Benny & Layla first kisses

Bundled up and ready to go home on January 17th, 2013!

So alert, so sweet, so handsome. 

Me & you, always.

Baby Benny

Right before your bris. You peed all over this outfit. 

The cutest little cowboy. 

I LOVE YOU BUDDY

3 month picture.

baby + crab

Swinging fool!










No comments:

Post a Comment