My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Duh - a quick update.

I have grand blogging plans every.single day.
But they never come to fruition.
However... a few quick tips & fun before I forget.

1. 21 DAY FIX -- It's official. I'm now a coach. I'm not a salesgirl - in fact, I'm quite the opposite. I don't want to push this agenda on anyone. I became a coach because I've never felt SO good after 3 weeks. I lost just shy of 4 pounds but I lost MANY inches & felt GOOD. I'm starting my own first group on 12/1/15 - want to join?? Let me know - shoot me an email at CEngland921@gmail.com. Let's chat! The holidays can be a rough time for weight gain - I'm all for indulging but let's lose some weight in between Thanksgiving & New Years so we don't feel like big blobs come 2016 ;)

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/cengland921


2. SHOPPING -- Hannukah is FAST approaching with Christmas right on it's tail. I'm now done my shopping for my kiddos but I'm positive not everyone is as Type A as I am. SO... some hints!

A - USE EBATES. Click here to sign up for Ebates - SERIOUSLY!

-- do you use them yet? If not..it's insanity. I use Ebates on almost everything I buy on line. It's FREE & super easy to use. They work with a bunch of big name stores (Target, Nordstrom, Sephora, Amazon - the list goes on & on). Check it out. I've literally earned $343.91 back (IN CASH) just for shopping online.

B - Do you shop at Target as much as I do?? IF SO - you must, must, must download the CartWheel App. I use it every single Target trip - I'm up to saving $205.96 - again, it's FREE and needed.


3. RECIPE - I don't cook, like, ever. BUT - I made that BEST recipe yesterday thanks to http://www.mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com (she's the sister of Shawn from Bachelor - she's incredible & I'm mildly obsessed). I can't find the specific recipe on her site so I'll just post it here. I was BEYOND delicious. Perfect in the crockpot!

She made this on the stove top in one pot (hallelujah!) in minutes but you could also brown your ground beef and throw everything in the slow cooker too. I would cook it on low 6 to 8 hours or high about 3 hours.  Don't stir the frozen corn into your slow cooker until the last 20 or 30 minutes of cooking.

Shopping List

1 pound of ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 (6 oz) can of tomato paste
1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 oz) can of creamed corn
1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups frozen corn
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt and Pepper
Sour cream and/or shredded cheese to garnish, optional

In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown your ground beef in a drizzle of EVOO.  Add in a nice pinch of salt and pepper.  Once browned and crumbly, stir in your chopped onion and jalapeno.  Saute a few minutes and add another little pinch of S&P.  Stir in your chili powder and next four ingredients.  Reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Stir in your frozen corn and simmer another minute or two.

OK - I promise I'll write in a few weeks when Layla turns 4 1/2 if not sooner. HAPPY FALL, YA'LL!
XOXOXOXO
c

MY LITTLE DANCING QUEEN!

obsessed with this face. 

PUMPKINS!

Layla Jules + Benjamin Sawyer

I love them & they love each other. 

BEST FRIENDS!

My favorite school picture, perhaps ever?

Pre-K style!

HALLOWEEN!

Queen Elsa

BATMAN!

Results of 21 day Fix -- you'll love it. I have a lot of work to do but this is a good start. Also, Benny was 10 Pounds, 1 Ounce when he was born - my belly was SO huge. I am proud.

Side View!


No comments:

Post a Comment