My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

BENJAMIN SAWYER TURNS TWO!










Weight: Just about 32 1/2 pounds
Height: 35 inches
Eating: All the food -- ALL THE TIME! 
Clothes: 2T and 3T
Diaper: Size 6
Shoe Size: No idea - HUGE!


My Boy. 

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY MY SWEET BOY!!!!!! 

I am a big bag of mixed emotions. I am happy, proud, sad, shocked. I'm in awe & wonder of you. I often find myself staring at you, watching you, studying you. Wondering how someone so little and chubby and soft and sweet can be so smart, so in tune with the world, so.. perfect. 

I could wax poetic for days about how smart you are and all the funny and interesting things you do. 

Here's just a few...

1. When you count to 10, it always go something like this "ONE, TWO, SEVEN, NINE, SEVEN, NINE, SEVEN!!!!!!!"

2. You can't get enough of Peek-a-boo. You cover your face and giggle your little head off until we say "Where's Bennyyyy" and you finally move your little hands and yell "HERE HE IS!!"

3. Your laugh. Your infectious, loud, insanely amazing laugh. It's everything and the best sound in the world. 

4. Your running -- your jumping -- your climbing -- you yelling "FREEZE!" and "GO!" - your dancing - your insane spinning and always on the go. You're becoming wilder and rougher and love to wrestle your sister and you are all BOY. 

5. You love to have a catch. You grab a ball and yell "CATCH IT!!" until someone pays attention. 

6. You love the cats and call Rigby "Rigby BOYYYYY". 

7. Your language skills are amazing. You talk and talk and pop out with these 3-4 word sentences and I'm so proud. Yesterday you got TUBES!!! After what feel like 646068 ear infections, we scheduled tubes. It was a breeze - I was so proud of you. You rocked that surgery and bounced back (quite literally) with no downtime!! I'm hoping your language gets even better now!!

8. You love wearing your winter hat. 

9. You are obsessed with watching "Eggies" on YouTube. This is a video of a woman opening up plastic eggs with odd toys inside. It's quite weird but you love it. After your surgery yesterday, they warned me you may be enraged or crying or uncomfortable. Instead, you cried a bit, cuddled in my arms then screamed "EGGIES ON YOUR PHONE!" ha! 

10. Your cuddles. Your perfect, warm, sweet little body tucks perfectly into mine and I can't get enough of the top of your head. 

AHHHH - so much I could say and want to say and need to say. You are everything I never knew I wanted. You are the sweetest little boy who loves to dance to Pharrell's "Happy". You LOVE to eat (yogurt, eggs, cheese, pretzels, meatballs, beans, noodles, chicken) -- food is your fav. 

You are quite lovely, my dear boy. I can't wait to celebrate your birthday on Sunday -- all your friends & family will be there for your special Sesame Street party. You are having a party today at school complete with cupcakes and Mickey Mouse plates and Elmo & Cookie Monster decor. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU. To the moon, like we say every night. 

xoxoxoxoxo
Happy birthday baby. 
Mama


As an update -- we had your social birthday party!! It was a bit of madness. We woke up to an impromptu ICE storm shutting down roads and causing major accidents. We almost had to cancel the party but ultimately we had the party (albeit a 30 minute delay) and even though half of the party cancelled, we had the BEST TIME - you loved it, we loved it and we had success. These winter parties are tough business man!!! 



Baby Benny

You were so so so teeny & cute

1 month old - look at that belly!

teeny monkey

Check out your BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!

You & your sister <3 waiting for gifts from Grandma & Grandpa who visited for your birthday!!

Benny turns TWO!


You were so excited to sit at the head of the table - hahaha

We love you both so very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment