My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Benny is 22 months!!!








Weight: I think roughly 32 pounds?
Height: I think 36 inches - tall and thinner everyday!
Eating: Always eating and always willing to try new things!!
Clothes: 18 month (small), 18-24 month, 24 month and 2T! 
Diaper: Size 5
Shoe Size: 7-7.5


Benny Boy -- 

WHAT?!??! How is this happening? Are we sure that you'll be TWO YEARS OLD in just a short 2 months?? I am baffled by this. I look at you - so handsome and tall and strong. So bright eyed and curious and loving. So silly and sensitive and SMART. Always absorbing everything around you. Always concerned about Dada & Layla. ALWAYS making sure you can see me - and always wiling to climb in to my arms for a sweet hug & kiss. 

What you've been doing... 
Playing, reading, learning, giggling, pooping, eating. 
You are in a great stride - you are really starting to LOVE school and I'm hearing fabulous things about you. It's wonderful to know you won't cry at drop off or pick up anymore. I love watching you with your new little friends. I love the art projects you are creating and the mark you're leaving in your class. You love to play with all balls, the kitchen ("here mama, chicken!" is what you always say), coloring, play-doh, the slide, books, castles, cars. You love to play with Layla's baby dolls. You love to sing, dance, clap, play. You love to run in crazy zig-zags, jump off of anything, climb, and fall. You are so strong and love to tackle/hug Layla at all times. 

What you've been eating....
Anything and everything. Your favorite food is yogurt with M&Ms but you always love to eat eggs, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, pork roll, meatballs, noodles, bananas, strawberries, cheese..the list goes on. Sometimes I have to cut you off because you'll continue to eat!! You still drink almond milk (1-2 cups a day). You love your sweets & salty foods. Mostly, you just love the art of eating. It's a welcomed change from your sister's picky ways ;)

What you've been saying...
Your language is growing by the day. A sentence here or there but mostly words. You love telling me what you're doing or eating or playing with. You are learning you colors and letters. You can do all the animal sounds. We are going to start working on shapes. You can name many princesses (ha!) and lots of other characters (Mickey, Minnie, etc). You get so frustrated when I don't understand what you're saying but luckily I'm fluent in "benny". Recently Pop-Pop told you to say "Nanu-Nanu" like Robin Williams and now you say it ALL THE TIME. It's really cute. 

Sleeping...
You've been a blessing. We went through a rough early morning wake-up patch but I think we're past it. You go to bed around 6:45/7:00 and wake up at 6:30. You're a master napper and it's lovely. You adore your crib, Brian, Teddy and blankets. 

What you've been reading & watching....
You love to read books!! We read the same few every night (Goodnight Elmo, Who Took My Hat, Trucks & the Benjamin England book Aunt Heather got you). It's so fun to read with you. As for watching? You've recently discovered YouTube.Com and more importantly - random Egg Videos. As in, people open up Easter Eggs filled with candy and you watch. You yell EGGIES whenever you see an iPad or iPhone. Oh lord. You get about 5-10 minutes a day. You like Sesame Street and Elmo movies I get you from the library. But mostly, you just want to dance!!

My baby boy, I'm SO lucky to call you mine. Often around strangers, you grab my arm and yell "MY MAMA" - always claiming me as your own. I love it so very much. I love your sweet smile, you sly face when you make a mess, the way you get excited around your cousins, grandparents, friends, teachers, cats. I love everything about you. I can't wait to celebrate Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and New Years Eve with you. 

I adore you - two more months until we celebrate you turning TWO!!
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Mama

Ok so I wrote this post when you turned 22 months but didn't take pictures until today (Nov 20th) thanks to a good ol' fashioned DOUBLE EAR INFECTION! Next up, TUBES! My little man - poor thing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment