My grand plans of blogging once a day are surely going to happen one day.
But for now, with warmer temps and summer being HALF-WAY over, I'd gladly be outside over inside on the computer.
So here's a quick little recap of some things going on in our lives.
1. Josh is back at his old job after leaving for a few weeks to try something new. While it didn't pan out, I'm glad he did it. He's rocking it at work and getting back in the groove. I'm so proud of him and he works so hard for the 4 of us. Being a full-time stay-at-home mama may be the toughest job I've ever had, but it also pays NADA. I'm hoping to get back to work this fall. Ideally, I need something part-time that I can work from home. Does that exist? I wish I could plan children's parties full time. Or write a children's book. Or do something I really love -- all the while being home so that I can take care of my babies when school is closed or someone has a fever.
2. Layla is half-way through camp and loving every single second. It's the same as her school but with less structured learning and more FUN! She gets to play outside in various sized pools & go on the "big kid" playground. She goes 4 days a week and is really doing well. She loves talking about her friends (especially Isabel) -- her teachers (especially Miss Jenn).
3. In other Layla news -- the biggest news of all? She's almost completely POTTY TRAINED!!! After months of peeing on the potty, she finally pooped on the potty for the first time last week. It was so exciting. She did it at my parent's house. So awesome. We gave her the big girl bike I picked up at a thrift store a few weeks back as a gift. She loved it!! I'm really hoping that we can fully give up diapers in the next week (except at naps & bedtime).
4. In OTHER Layla news, she was selected for an open-casting call with Wilhelmina Modeling. We went to it last weekend - it was a little overwhelming but she rocked it. She had to walk the runway - it was adorable, of course. Prior to her walk, they asked her what her name was in the microphone - she whispered Layla followed by screaming LAYLAAAAAA. They then asked where she was from - her prompt answer was "HOME!" - too cute. The next night, I received the email that she was selected for representation!! This is huge. 5% of the casting was selected. Very awesome. Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to work for us but it was an honor to be selected. Maybe one day her modeling career can officially begin!!!!
5. This week is Josh's 32nd birthday -- very exciting stuff. We had an awesome dinner last weekend at Ocean Prime with my sister & brother in law to celebrate. We are so lucky to call you ours, babe.
6. Today I'm finishing up a project I did - it was called 100 Happy Days. I took a picture for 100 days of the little things in my everyday. I really loved it.
7. My two projects for August -- I planned out our dinners for the entire month. It's an effort to save money & eat healthier. I'm excited to not have the "What do you want for dinner???" convo every single day!! My second project? BIKINI READY! We leave for Jamaica in about 5 months. I want to seriously wear a bikini the whole vacation -- so the best way to achieve that? Obviously taking pictures of myself on the 1st of the month while wearing a bikini. It will be a before & after -- no shame. The best part? Josh is doing it with me!!! I've been going to the gym 3-4 times a week for over a year. I see very little difference. It's time to get crazy and lose this extra baby weight.
8. I started thinking about our 5th anniversary trip. I want to go to Europe. Bad. But I think we'll end up taking a Caribbean cruise. I'll see Europe one day.
9. Benny news?? HE'S THE COOLEST KID EVER! Even though today, he's tantrum city. He's fun and silly and awesome. He's becoming really adventurous and "boy like" - as in climbing, jumping, dare-devil. I love it. He loves sports so much. I introduced him to tee-ball today. He's the next Babe Ruth baby. He's really amazing. I'm dreading him starting school. I'm going to miss him so much.
10. Israel. It's bad. It's really bad. The war between Israel & Gaza - it's bad and getting worse. It's so sad and so hard and so devastating. I am really putting my love and prayers towards Israel.
11. A plane was shot down - Russia & Ukraine and fighting about who did it & why. What is the world coming to?
12. I want a third baby.
13. I want a new house but I want to take all of our neighbors with us. I'm in love with our street.
14. The show "The Leftovers" is SO SO GOOD. Why aren't you watching it??!!?
15. I'm going to the library tomorrow for the first time in YEARS - I need a new book and don't want to spend the money on buying one. Plus I think Benny will get a kick out of it.
16. I want to get a boob job after my 3rd baby. Don't judge me.
.... I could go but I'll stop at 16. Benny's up. woo!
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Weight: Between 29-30 pounds.
Height: I'd say 34 inches?
Eating: Growing boy = eating constantly.
Clothes: 18-24 months & 24 months, 2T and some 3T
Diaper: Size 5
Shoe Size: 6.5 or 7
Well, here we are. Your officially 1.5 years old. Half birthday. Another month, a bit skinnier, taller, handsomer -- a regular toddler. I can't believe it. You are the cutest little stinker I ever did see. I find myself literally staring at you because it seems crazy to me that something so beautiful can exist. And best of all, you're mine.
With the age of 2 fast approaching, I'm astounded at how smart you are becoming. You are discovering your independence and slowly relying less on my presence. This is a good thing, though it makes me slightly sad. You want to walk more then be carried. You want to run more then hold my hand. You want to jump, climb, explore, stomp and wonder while taking in every single thing around you. I'm only beginning to see the true "boy" side to you and it's adorable and a little nerve-racking. You fall constantly but rarely cry. You are tough. You are calm. You will push through. But if you're tired. Needy. Or otherwise in the mood, you're the first to climb into my arms and snuggle like it's your job. And I really, really, really love this about you.
Now that summer is in full swing (and half way over!?!?) you're feeling good. This may be our longest run as a family without someone being sick. It's amazing what health does -- it allows us to travel, to play, to go long hours in the sun. It's wonderful. You still have tantrums from time to time but with your language exploding, they seem to be getting a little better.
We have had a lot time this past month outside, especially in the pool. You LOVE the water -- you may be slightly timid in the beginning but you are basically ready to go in the pool from the second you spot it. We've swam in several different pools and it's so much fun -- I know when we move into our next house, we'll get a pool for sure!!! You love to swing, slide, play with bubbles, chalk and balls.
You can say at least 50 words if I had to guess? And you're getting good with animals and starting to (slightly) recognize colors. You love to read and love to sing. You are a little talking and running machine and it's so much fun to see.
You love Jack and your love of Sesame Street is beginning to come out -- you really get excited when you see Elmo & Cookie and shout their names LOUD at the TV.. but if you have your choice, you want random music on so you can dance your little bum off!!
You're still in the same sleep schedule. We had a week and a half of early mornings... not so fun for mama but you seemed unfazed ;) You go to sleep between 6:30-7:00 PM and nap in the afternoon for about 2 hours. When you're tired, it's hard to keep you awake so I try to avoid the car when nap time is approaching. On our way home from Florida, you fell asleep in the car, slept in the stroller, slept as I took you out to go through security, slept as we went to our gate and slept for another hour while we waited to board. Pretty amazing!! You flew perfectly this trip which was a huge help -- you were not the biggest fan of flying prior but this time around, you were golden!! If you have Brian with you, you're a happy boy.
Eating, eating, eating. Your favorite thing to do, by far. You will try anything we are eating and love to snack. If you weren't constantly on the go, I think I'd be a little worried but you seem to be in perfect baby shape :)
With Layla in camp 4 days a week, we have lots of time together - just you & I. I LOVE IT. You are the best little partner in crime. We go to music class, Romp & Roll, errands, lunches, breakfast... we're always busy little bees, even if we are at home just playing. You are obsessed with chasing the cats, feeding the fish and playing with play doh. And of course, you can't get enough time with Layla & Dada!!!
We had so much fun in Florida this month -- you enjoyed all the time with your Florida family, playing outside and more. You're a joy to be around and everyone melts when they hear you're deep giggle.
Happy half birthday my little man -- love you so very much and can't wait to watch you grow. With 6 months until your next birthday, I think it's time to start planning. I think the theme is going to be... "Have A Ball with Benny" - all things BALL RELATED!! ;) Let the ideas begin!!!