My little family!

My little family!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

How Quickly Her Face Changes

I see something happening....

Every morning, I get Layla out of her crib.

For the past two weeks, she's woken up in the 5:00 AM hour for some unknown awful reason -- but that's a story for another day. 

I take her out and her first sentence is always "Where is Dada? Where is Benny? Are they awake?" - she's always smiling. Her hair, matted down with sweat, sticks to her face and I always gently move it away.

We come into my bedroom or downstairs, depending on the day, and I change her diaper while asking her "How was your rest, baby?"

She always giggles or says "GOOOOOOD" before demanding "milk in a pink cup."

But in this moment, I stare at her face. I study her and I realize something very real is happening.

Her face is changing.

It's slight. Most people that see her every day probably don't notice it. But I do.

I see it. I see her whole face changing and it's -- beautiful and tragic all at the same time.

Her once round face is losing it's baby fat and turning oval.

Her big blue eyes are brighter then ever sitting proud under bushy little girl eyebrows.

She's changing and growing and turning into this little girl.

Right before my eyes, she's changing and growing and it's so, so, so lovely.

She's SO beautiful. Sometimes I find myself staring and holding my breath because I can't believe that something so exquisite lives and breathes in my very house.

And I want to freeze time. I literally want to Zach Morris this very moment while she's cuddled up with her Dada watching a movie.

But I can't (and I hate it).

So I'll continue to study and stare and try to remember each day. The way her face lights up when she smiles and the way her brows furrow when she's concentrating. Each and every face I just want to bottle up and keep with me forever.

My favorite newborn picture. 

<3 (I think roughly 8 months?)

1 year!

Finding out we were having a BOY!

What a love.

Around 20 months old. 


Layla & Benny.

LOVE LOVE LOVE.

hahahhaha. Layla about 24 hours old.

Layla at 2 years old.

<3

<3

My girl

No comments:

Post a Comment