My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Lately....

To my left, Layla & Rigby are snuggled up and snoring away.

Benny is upstairs tucked away in the corner of his crib - sucking his thumb and clutching Brian, his stuffed buddy.

It's a snowy, cold, sunny day and for this brief amount of time I have a little window to write.

SO....

lately??

1. This morning, Josh's mom left after being with us the past week. She flew in and was lucky enough to see Layla as Shabbat Girl, Benny's 1st birthday party and a HUGE snowstorm. She was supposed to leave Tuesday but due to weather we got her an extra couple of days. It was great having an extra set of hands (especially because both kids had viruses and are now on antibiotics) -- plus it doesn't hurt she is always cleaning/doing dishes/willing to read the same story 57 times over again. The kids love having her here and so do we! It was sad to say goodbye but luckily we'll be seeing her next week!

2. Disney World is on my brain -- in 6 days we'll be en route to Sunny Orlando - plans include Disney World, UCF and Drew & Jaime's wedding. It'll be a jam-packed few days but I'm super stoked to see everyone. I literally can't wait to see Layla's face when we have breakfast with all the princesses.

3. Yesterday we finally made our way to the mall and got Benny his first two pairs of shoes. The kid has fat wide feet so it made buying shoes nearly impossible. The lovely lady at Stride Rite made it very easy and he is now the proud owner of size 6.5 W sneakers and brown fancy shoes. Too cute for words! I tried putting them on him this morning and couldn't. I know they fit so it's a matter of figuring out how to get them on while he is curling his toes. Also, Layla (who is now a size 8.5!) got a really cute silver pair of Ariel Light-Up shoes. They're so cheesy but she's so in love. They're meant for Spring/Summer plus their a tad big but we'll bring them to Florida next week. Luckily the Ariel is the size of a dime - I hate character clothes/shoes. If it was up to Layla, she'd wear princess everything. She requests the same pair of Ariel PJs every night.

4. On Friday, 1/17 - one of dear friends & sorority sisters, Sara, lost her sweet boy Monroe to a rare heart defect. I followed their story everyday on Facebook and prayed every night. I talked about Monroe a lot with my family and after a tough 10 weeks, he lost his battle. It's so very sad and heartbreaking and just feels so - unfair. They are amazing parents and I hope they find peace within this station. Their attitude has been so positive thus far and I hope they will continue to laugh and love and remember how amazing Momo was.  I'm going to try really hard to get to see Sara next week while in Orlando. I forget how amazing being a Kappa Kappa Gamma sister really is - I have an entire group of women who love me despite miles and years apart.

5. I'm on a serious mission to lose weight. We gained a lot of weight back in December (Josh & I) thanks to serious eating and being away for 3 weeks. Now that we're back, it's back to business. I'm down about 2.6 pounds and have roughly 23 more to go... I hope to get there by Aruba in March or at least by the summer. I'm really loving my Fitbit Force -- it's keeping me motivated.

6. I want a Nook. I bought The Book Thief on my IPAD but haven't had the chance to read a page of it because Layla's always on the IPAD doing puzzles or it's not charged. I love the idea of reading books on a device (I used to be so anti but I'm coming around) and the Nook may be what's best.

7. I'm thinking about watching Scandal -- I need a new TV show now that the sadness of Breaking Bad ending is over.

8. We had the BEST TIME at Benny's 1st birthday party. I'll blog about it soon with details and pictures but suffice to say, it was a mustache bash success.

9. I hate my iPhone. It dies all the time - the battery stinks. I need to get it fixed asap. Our desktop MAC computer broke last week - it completely zonked out and I'm freaking out because ALL  of our pictures are on there (including my wedding pix which have not yet been made into an album). I'm praying we can retrieve it all and just get a new computer. Uhhhh.

10. I hate winter. The idea of moving to Florida creeps closer and closer to reality with each freezing morning.

A sneak peak of my big boy at his party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment