My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Mom-Mom Rose

On August 2, 2013... a beautiful Friday morning at 8:05 AM...

My beautiful, sweet, kind, lovely and perfect Mom-Mom Rose passed away.

She spent 13 weeks in hospice.

My visits with her were happy, lovely...sometimes I forgot why she was there.

We watched TV and held hands and she repeated "Oh, I love you."

My last visit with her was very different... I knew the end was coming. I kissed her goodbye and she finally looked up at me, caught my eye and I knew it was time to say goodbye. For good.

She died one week later.

I am so lucky to have had her my entire life. She lived until 88 (her birthday was last week).

She is survived by a huge family including 7 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren.

Pretty amazing.

The past couple of days have been .. well.. LOVELY.  I'm not kidding.

The funeral on Sunday was sad, funny, touching and..silly?? I wondered if people outside of our family that were there thought it was strange that we actually laughed as much as we did. But that's just it.. I didn't care. Our family celebrated Mom-Mom. My Aunt Elaine, brother Adam & my Dad gave three speeches. They were perfect. They spoke about Mom-Mom's life, her legacy. It was great. Since then, my parent's have hosted Shiva and it's been so nice. The weather has been IDEAL and we've spent all day/night outside. The kids are all loving this time together running around playing. We are all loving spending so much time together.

Mom-Mom would have loved it.

And I guess that's how it should be, right?

I love you Mom-Mom Rose.

I'll miss you.

Mom-Mom & Layla in Fall 2011

Mom-Mom & Benny in Spring 2013

Mom-Mom & I at my wedding...4/24/10



No comments:

Post a Comment