My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summer.

Hi ya'll!!

We are in the basement, a change of scenery while we wait until it's time to head to the zoo.

We are officially in the thick of SUMMER!! It feels great. We've spent a lot of time playing outside (bubbles and chalk, Layla's favorite things in the world). We have been going to the zoo, aquarium, visiting stores...anything to stay out of the house and in the sun!! It's really great and everyone is in better moods thanks to vitamin D!

A few things to note as of late...

1. Layla started camp yesterday!! She is now in her first summer of camp (same place as school) -- I like it because she's in the same classroom with the same teacher so it's not a huge adjustment. They have 3 big pools, water tables and lots of other fun summer activities planned for the kiddies!! It's great and I think she'll have a lot of fun. She will also go 3 days a week (she previously went 2 days a week). I was feeling nervous/guilty but I think it's a great decision. She will have lots of fun and I'll have lots of quality time with little man.

2. Benny -- talk about an amazing change!!! It's been about 3 weeks since we moved Benny to his crib and started sleep training using the same method we did with Layla. We had to use a different method because prior to starting sleep training, Benny was eating several times a night. Basically we followed this method...

Night 1 - In crib at 7 PM. Allowed to eat every 2 hours. If he woke up before his next feeding, we went in to run his back/pat his butt/shush him. It worked and he did great, and it turned out his loved his crib. He also rolled quickly from his back to tummy and so it was discovered that Benny was a TUMMY sleeper! (Way earlier then Layla...) -- I felt comfortable because at this point he was rolling both ways.

Night 2 - In crib at 7 PM. Allowed to eat every 2.5 hours. Same story as above.

As it turned out..the nights went pretty well there after. We never followed the time chart strictly, but rather went in to pat him back to sleep if he started fussing. Then suddenly, it clicked for him. He is now sleeping 7 PM - 8 AM (yes, sometimes even 8:30 AM!!) -- eating once, sometimes twice. He had a few GREAT nights. A few not so great. BUT overall, I'm really happy with his progress. I still need to go in sometimes to pat him back to sleep. I'm okay with that. ALSO - he is 2 weeks in as an official THUMB SUCKER! I love it, the cutest, sweetest thing I've ever seen. I know it's bad but I don't care. Hello self soothing!! We are phasing out the use of the pacifier (he rarely wants it anyway..). We also started him on food!! 2 weeks ago -- organic rice cereal! Last week - organic oatmeal! This week - organic bananas - I hope he likes them!!! (He's LOVING his cereal!)

3. GYM!! I went to join last week and I'm officially back on the working out wagon!! I started yesterday and felt amazinggggg. Truly. I am about 5 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight with Benny and 15 pounds from Layla pre-pregnancy. I'm ready to shed these last few pounds and get back into shape. Benny went to the kid-zone (free babysitting was my incentive for joining the gym) - he did awesome!!! The girls that work there were so sweet and gave my little man lots of love!!

4. FLORIDA!! We are quickly approaching our next trip down!! We're going for 8 days and I'm really excited... lots of family time, lots of friend time, family pictures with Oona, a quick trip to Key Largo with the Krebs, seeing my favorite Knotties and loads more!! We leave Saturday and I have 9369 things to do before we go...

5. OUTER BANKS!! In just a short 9 weeks, we're heading to the Outer Banks for our first family vacation.. we rented a mansion on the beach with my parents, brothers, sister and all the families. 10 kids including my two (all my nieces and nephews, ages 7 years to 5 months) -- 10 adults. 20 people in one house. SHOULD be an amazing week!!!! I can't wait. I'm not excited for the 7 1/2 hour drive but we'll worry about that soon... haha ;)

6. Photobooks & Organization - My BIG GOALS for this summer. Finally catching up on my photo books (Layla age 1-2, Benny birth-6 month, Layla's 1st and 2nd birthday parties..oh, and my WEDDING ALBUM). Plus organizing my house. Getting rid of the stuff. Finding a home for everything. It's time. Overdue!

... so that's it. The quick update. We are leaving for the zoo in 90 minutes. Another fun day in store. I'm loving every second of the time with my babies. Thanks Dada, once again <3


No comments:

Post a Comment