My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

BSE - 4 months!!




This month's hat - his keepah from his bris! (It says Benjamin in Hebrew)

Bright Eyes.

This face. 

Hugs for your bear (name to be decided....)

Big squeeze!!

SO BIG!

love.

SMILE!

<3

Looking at Layla

Looking outside!

1 month, 2 months, 3 months, 4 months



4 month stats:
Weight: I think we are officially at (or above!) the 20 pound mark!! We will find out at your doctor's appt next week. MY BIG BOY!
Height: Maybe close to 27 inches?? Again, we'll find out next week.
Eating: Exclusively breastfeeding every 2-3 hours during the day & several times during the night with the occasional bottle of Similac Sensitive formula.
Clothes: 3 month & 3-6 month is getting small (way) - 6 month for now... but I'm already buying you 9 month summer attire!
Diaper: Size 3 (Pampers Cruisers)


My sweet boy....

4 months? Are we SURE? Wasn't I JUST in the hospital, looking at you in the early morning light and thinking to myself how gorgeous you are? Didn't we just come from the hospital, terrified at how your sister would react - only to discover her deep love for you? Didn't we JUST go to the doctor for your 1 month appointment? I am in shock and yet time plays it's cruel trick and keeps going at super speed.

You, my little love, are so sweet. I can't say it enough. You are calm, easy, collected. You LOVE to smile and laugh - LOUD! Your giggles are the best sound in the world. You love to "talk" to anyone that will listen - these loud, high-pitched coos that sound like a dinosaur and make us laugh. You have been excellent at tummy time and I know the day will be here very soon when you're sitting up on your own. You love to lay on the activity mat and you recently started sitting in "mission control" (the exerciser) - you're so amazing and have already mastered how to work the toys and noises on there. You grab toys and chew on them. You love to have a blanket on you so you can chew on it - and you have one specific blue blanket/stuffed animal that you love to suck on. You still love the pacifier but only use it during the day. 

You sleep in the rock&play next to my bed but I think these days may be coming to an end. For the past 4 weeks or so, your sleep has been horrible. You are up several times a night (usually every 1-2 hours) with your longest stretch at the beginning (usually 4 hours) and the early morning (usually 3 hours). I am not ready to sleep train you yet and I don't want to move you in your room but I'm desperate for more sleep. I have introduced the sound machine recently and hope that this "4 month wakefulness" ends soon. Despite it all, you're SO HAPPY! You nap about 3 times a day (early morning, mid-afternoon, evening) and nap best on me. I'm trying to teach you how to nap on your own. I may start with naps in your room soon because your sister LOVES to wake you when you're sleeping. Poor guy ;)

You still don't love the car -- most times you're okay and will look around with your big, sparkly eyes and stare out the window - or you'll just pass out for a quick snooze - but if you're a bit fussy and we're in the car, you'll cry & cry. The pacifier helps and moving helps (red light? traffic? lots of tears) - it makes me SO sad when you cry in the car because I can't help. Your cry is the saddest..and you have these big fat tears that stain your face. Heartbreaking. 

You get about 2-3 baths a week - you seem to like them! I am going to stop using the newborn insert this week and try you in the regular baby tub. I think your big enough!!

Your chub.. oh my dear, your chub. It's the cutest thing and what people comment on the most. You are SO big and resemble an 8 month old instead of a 4 month old. You are off the charts for height & weight. Everyone says you'll have to play sports!! I wonder if you'll want to be a quarterback or if chess will call your name? Maybe music? Or art? Whatever you choose, we'll support you!! Who knows - you may end up being a little guy! But I doubt it.. your big and gorgeous and perfect.

This past month, we have had so much fun - I wish I could list off all of the things you've done!! You've been everywhere and are always happy. On Mondays & Tuesdays, you come with Layla & I to her classes (music on Mondays, tumble tunes on Tuesdays) - you are now starting to "participate" rather then sleep and it's so sweet. 

We are still together, just mama & Benny, on Wednesdays, Thursday mornings & Fridays. It's a special time - I love being able to give you my full attention. We snuggle and play and nap and chat. I can tell you know me and it warms my heart. 

You love the warm sun - being outside seems to really relax you. Today, I FINALLY bought a double stroller (the city mini double) and I can't wait to take you & Layla for walks!! 

Next weekend, we're going on our first vacation together - just you & I (along with Aunt Kim and Remi). We are going to Florida to see your future BFF, Owen. He's mama's best friend's new baby.. I'm so excited!! It'll be great for you to spend time with your Florida family as well. 

I think you will roll over soon. You get over on your side and your so close!!

Thank you for being so loving. So happy. So content. I know Layla can smother you in kisses, hugs and licks. You lay there happily and smile when she comes over. I love to see your relationship grow and know it's only the beginning. 

We love you so much - cheers to 4 months!!!!


I love you, always.
Your Mama

I love you so much.

Watching TV, hahaha

Let's go Heat!

Playing with Remi!

Snooze!!

Seriously. Cheeks. Lips. DAH!

Fun at the zoo!

To the MOON!

So great on your tummy!

Tell Layla a secret.

The cutest.

Sending Dada fun pictures while he's at work!

Laying with Andrew, Remi & Layla! Typical Thursday.

Always together.

First time in mission control!

My sweet boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment