My little family!

My little family!

Monday, April 15, 2013

Mamaaaaaaa.

Currently, my darling Layla is going through a Mama phase.

When I say... Mama phase, I mean she wants nothing & no one but me (most of the time).

She'll love on most. She'll hug, kiss, squeeze on anyone that asks for a kiss & a hug.

And if you have something she wants (bagel with cream cheese, for example), she'll be your best friend.

But 99% of the time, she has an eye on me. Wondering if I'm there, making sure I'm within a few feet of her.

She runs up, grabs my face, and kisses me so hard it hurts.

When she's tired? Hungry? In a sad mood? It's me she wants.

"HIGHER!" she yells...as in...pick me up and hold me close.

Oh.. and if I have Benjamin in my arms (for nursing) and I can't hold her? She'll climb on to the 6 inches of space left on my lap.

And if I'm in the bathroom/shower/kitchen...she's there with me.

It's hard. And it can be exhausting.

 And if I have other things to do, I put them aside.

Because?

These moments. When my sweet girl only wants me?

I know they are fleeting. So I'm counting my blessings.

My little lady. The love of my life. My mini-me...can't get enough of her mama.

And I'm soaking up every second.


1 comment: