My little family!

My little family!

Monday, April 8, 2013

22 months.











Weight: Last doc appt was 25.6 pounds - you don't gain because you're always on the GO.
Height: I think 35 inches - tall and thinner everyday!
Eating: Eating - not great - the same things everyday...and 2-4 cups of organic whole milk everyday.
Clothes: 18 month (small), 18-24 month, 24 month and 2T! 
Diaper: Size 5
Shoe Size: 5-6


Layla Jules...

Happy 22 months to YOU, my sweet angel. Another month, another few weeks and suddenly I find myself again in awe of you. You are a SPONGE - you are soaking up everything around you and it's a magical thing to watch. You are so kind, so gentle. You hug & kiss everyone. When someone enters a room, you'll yell their name, clapping and giggling in excitement. It's so sweet and a perfect indication of how you are - full of love and joy. 

We dealt with your 2nd ear infection this month along with another horrific cold but you were pretty good (for the most part) - luckily your sleep is back to normal and the antibiotics worked like a charm.  We hate seeing you sick and I'm hopeful by next school year you'll be able to not get every little cold that comes through. We are working on washing hands which you love!

What you've been doing... 
Lots of playing, talking, singing, dancing. 
You are discovering new things everyday - you are getting very good at climbing. You are the best stacker of any blocks you can find. You love your puzzles, books, the indoor slide, the outdoor swing, your play kitchen. You can still play very well by yourself and you love to make all your little guys talk to each other. You are really getting into your princesses and like naming them (Ariel, Snow White, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Belle). You love to sing songs (ABC's, Happy Birthday, Itzy Bitzy) - you can sing the entire Happy Birthday tune by yourself, it's fabulous. You love to count to 10 (sometimes 12). You love to snuggle your brother, give him toys/blankets, make him smile. You will be the best of friends and it's the most amazing thing to watch.

What you've been eating....
I'm on a mission to get you to eat more then fruit&veggies, yogurt and cheese. I always carry the pouches of fruit/veggie mixes with me because you're not too eager to try "real" food besides matzah ball soup, bagels and french fries (your favorite). I'm glad you don't love sweets but I wish we could take you out to eat and have you order something good (every so often you'll really chow down on eggs, meatballs or chicken but it's rare).  A picky eater just like her mama. 

What you've been saying...
Words. SENTENCES!!! It's insane how well you can convey what you're thinking. You repeat everything. Your new word is please, which is so very sweet. And reading?? You can now "read" to me "Hungry Little Caterpillar", "Brown Bear" and "Where's Spot" - it's insanely cute. You memorized the books but it appears that you are reading and we love it!!! 

Sleeping...
While the bad sleep trend continued for some time - you got back on track while we were in Florida and it's been smooth sailing since (knock on wood) - you're back to 7 PM - 7:30 AM sleeping (I had to wake you at 8:00 AM last week!!) - napping can still be hit or miss but no more crying when I put you in the crib - success!!! 

What you've been reading & watching....
Lots of books. Lots of movies. Sometimes you'll sit and watch a whole movie, other times you can't be bothered. Now that the weather is warming up - I'm hoping for lots of outside time and less movie time!!! :)

My dear girl, so much I could say to you - you are my best friend. I love our inside jokes. I love the way you grab my face and kiss me so hard it hurts (in the best way possible). I love how you still want to cuddle. I love that you are still in a "mama" phase and I'll greatly miss these days when they pass. I love how you sing & dance. I love how sweet you are with all of your cousins. I love how you are always asking for Mom-Mom, Pop-Pop, Grandma & Grandpa. I love how you chase the cats. I love how you take medicine with no problem. I love your face, your smell, the way you run and the joy you bring. 

You are a rock star, just like your Pop-Pop says. Can't wait to play outside with you!!
<3 
Mama

Bedtime dance party to Harlem Shake!!

Coloring. In the nude. Obviously.

Playing in the new kitchen ;) (Full reveal coming soon)

Playing with Taxi, Aunt Kim & Abbey!

Hanging out with Remi & Benny!

<3 this girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment