My little family!

My little family!

Friday, March 8, 2013

7 + weeks!

A (very) quick look at this past week....

We did this....

Spend a lot of time at home. Layla didn't go to school on Wednesday and didn't go to my parents yesterday resulting in 4 days of Layla, Benny & myself.. we went to music class, lunch, Romp & Roll and Target..but otherwise we were home. Playing and eating and suddenly the days were over. We made it. I'm having a hard time (still...) dealing with the two of them without help but I'm getting better. Kind of. I love when Josh gets home from work -- I immediately breathe a sigh of relief because I know if both babies need me at once, I have help. I'll get better at it. I know I will.

We dealt with this...

Mastitis again (for me). Pink Eye (for Layla). A cold (for Benny). And... major breastfeeding pain, continuing. So I made an appointment for a lactation consultant - I loved it. I'm SO glad I went (and wish I went sooner!) - turns out Benny is 'tongue-tied' (Tongue-tie (ankyloglossia) is a condition that restricts the tongue's range of motion. With tongue-tie, an unusually short, thick or tight band of tissue (lingual frenulum) tethers the bottom of the tongue's tip to the floor of the mouth. A person who has tongue-tie might have difficulty sticking out his or her tongue. Tongue-tie can also affect the way a child eats, speaks and swallows, as well as interfere with breast-feeding.) Basically, totally common, easily fixed and hopefully we can get our breastfeeding pain under control as I DO love it. OH - can we talk about the fact that Benjamin now weighs a whopping 14 pounds, 6 ounces!!!!!!!!

We watched this...
Wreck it Ralph. Brace. Little Mermaid. A lot of Layla dancing. A side dish of The Taste, Glee, Project Runway & Smash.

We talked about this...
Our kitchen renovations - beginning NEXT week!! I'm so excited. We are going to pick out the granite this weekend. We are ordering new appliances ASAP (after debating back & forth - our microwave broke and the ugly bisque color hurts  my eyes - we need stainless). Our floor, backsplash & island will be installed. We need to pick out paint color, sink, pendant lighting & barstools soon. It's very fun.

We are looking forward to...
FLORIDA!! SO SOON! Benny's first flight. (Anxiety). First flight with two babies (double anxiety). 4 days without Josh (triple anxiety). But so excited to see good friends, family and enjoy the WARM weather!!! We are so ready for SPRING!




No comments:

Post a Comment