My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

38 weeks.



We made it!
We are here.
The journey is just about over.
It's been really fun difficult exhausting interesting but the time has come...
In just a short 5 days, we will meet our dear son. Our little family will grow and we will, once again, be blessed by the beauty of new life.
I am so ready. I am so excited. I am so nervous.

I have lots to do but I'm trying to take it easy.

Tomorrow is my last doctor's appointment. I don't think it will be very exciting but I wonder if they will do an internal? What if they tell me I'm 10 centimeters?? haha - fat chance.

I have my blood work on Friday for my C-Section. I'm still hoping I get a phone call from the hospital that my appointment is moved up from 3 PM for the surgery.

Josh's mom comes on Saturday - it's all here. It's all happening.

I am very much looking forward to relaxing these next two days. I am hoping to squeeze in one more manicure/pedicure to ensure I have good nails the next few weeks.

I have had a lot of pressure and cramping today... I keep thinking -- could this be it?! I don't know. I have a feeling our sweet will wait until his scheduled day 1/14, but who knows?? I've made it this far and for that I'm grateful.

I will be updating one more time - a letter to my son.

Unless he shows up sooner....??

Cheers to a good night's sleep, losing all this baby weight, an easy and uneventful C-Section, Layla adjusting well, breastfeeding coming easy again and most importantly a perfect, healthy, baby boy.

:)





I may explode. Look, even Layla can't believe how big my belly is.
  • How far along? 38 weeks, 2 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: I gained 0.8 pounds for a grand total of .... I'm now up 48.4. I have a long road ahead of me. On the positive side? I'm about 4 pounds less then I gained with Layla. 
  • Maternity clothes? I want to be naked all the time. Nothing is comfortable but I'm wearing my black maternity leggings and long sweaters because my belly pokes out of shirts that are too tight.
  • Stretch marks? Sad, but true...I have about 5-6. They are on my sides. I am ecstatic we're so close because I think I'd get more the longer he cooks.
  • Sleep: Tough, rough, non-existent. I did have 2 good nights this week which was a blessing.
  • Best moment this week: It was so nice to take Layla to music class on Monday and Toddler Tunes on Tuesday... it's been a blessing spending so much time with her. Squeezing in hundreds of hugs and kisses. 
  • Have you told family and friends: Yes.
  • Movement: Tons. Including right now. OW.
  • Food cravings:  Not really. I guess the only thing I can think of is dunkin donuts iced coffee with mocha. YUM.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: I had some nausea today. That sucked.
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: An insane amount - contractions, pressure, cramping. I am not used to this and keep thinking he will be here any second!
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing my wedding band, no e-ring. 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Both - very uncomfortable. Nervous about all the things I still need to do. Worried about the Bris. Worried about Layla. Excited to see his face. Lots and lots and lots of emotions. 
  • Weekly Wisdom: Basically, moving around causes contractions. So sit down. The house will remain dirty and the laundry will be there waiting.
  • Milestones: WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In 5 days (or less), our family will become FOUR!

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment