My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

2013 & 37 weeks!!



My snow lover!!

Happiest new years, dear family & friends!!! 

I have made it to a very exciting and crazy time in pregnancy - 37 weeks - FULL TERM BABY!!! 

It's been a bit of a crazy week...a horrific lingering cold turning into a full blown sinus infection, TONS of contractions (some very painful), a big snow storm, a visit from best friends and the start of a new year... lots of updates and lots of fun!!! 

Josh even got a new car..... a brand new 2013 MERCEDES BENZ!!! Never in my life did I think I'd own a Benz. It's gorgeous and I'm so happy for him - he worked so hard to get his dream car!!!

First off... a little look back at this past year :)

Favorite trip? We were lucky enough to travel a lot this year - I think my favorite trip was Miami in May. It was the first time Josh & I left Layla for an extended time (4 days) and it was romantic, lovely and relaxing. 

Favorite book? I SO wish I read more... but hands down, the Hunger Games trilogy. I loved every second of it.

Favorite movie? I stink at this game as I forget what movies we have seen -- I really loved Argo, Wanderlust and the 20 minutes of Les Miserables I saw before we had to leave due to my extreme contractions (ha!)

Favorite TV show? This is tough as well. I love Californication, Once Upon A time... but I think my favorite was Homeland. I watched the entire series in a VERY short time.

Favorite song? Album? I listened to a lot of Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, assorted Glee songs and a ton of children's music :)

Favorite purchase? I'd have to say my min-van. I'm obsessed and I'll most likely drive a mini-van for the next 20 years - they are the best invention.

Favorite meal out? Josh & I went to DC for my 29th birthday and ate at the Occidental - it was SO yummy. 

Favorite new recipe? Josh started crock pot Sunday... he makes amazing & yummy recipes including lasagna, sloppy joes and Hawaiian chicken - all so good. 

Favorite day? I LOVED Layla's 1st birthday party - it was so full of love. I also love the day we found out we were pregnant again. It was intense, I cried and I realized how completely lucky we are.

Favorite outfit? Pre-maternity clothes, I fell in love with "Not Your Mother's Jeans" - they made me feel skinny and good. I bought 2 pairs and plan to buy more post-baby.

Favorite holiday? I love all holidays... I'll go with Valentine's Day! :) 

*****
So let's see..... 
It's been a great week despite feeling like COMPLETE poo. We had a lot of fun with Laura & Clay but all of our plans got screwed up due to sickness, contractions and snow... literally everything I planned fell through. Luckily, they are the best and the 4 of us have fun sitting on my sofa watching Layla run around. Laura is more then half way through her pregnancy and it's so exciting -- I can't wait for our boys to grow up together! 

New Years Eve was spent contracting and ALMOST going to the hospital... I ultimately decided they weren't consistent enough and we went to Matt & Danielle's house instead. It was a really fun celebration but we left early so Layla could sleep and I could to be comfortable. 

And now here we are.... a new year, a baby coming (any second??), an amazing soon-to-be 19 month old stealing my heart and so many more exciting things coming our way. 

I look forward to this year with open arms & an open heart. We are so lucky, to blessed. 

Today is my last full day of work - I'll sign on tomorrow for an hour to finish up, then I'm done until MAY - I am really looking forward to spending the next few days relaxing and preparing. I will be back this weekend to write Layla's 19 month entry along with a letter to my dear, sweet boy... 

Lots of love & Happy new year!
-Court

What a difference a year makes.....

37 week belly with Layla Jules!

Layla at 37 weeks!

Baby belly today!!! 
  
  • How far along? 37 weeks, 3 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: If it's possible, I gained 6.2 pounds the past 12 days. I think it's due to water weight. I'm really swollen, so we'll go with that..... I'm now up 47.6. Wow. I hate even writing that.
  • Maternity clothes? I would love to burn all of these maternity clothes. At the very least, they're going to the back of my closet as soon as I can get into my normal clothes.
  • Stretch marks? It's official - I have about 5 stretch marks. They are on my sides and not too bad. My belly is so large, I don't think Bio Oil could have helped no matter how much I used. Hoping I don't get anymore.
  • Sleep: Really rough. Most recently, it's due to coughing.. but it's also back pain, peeing, and overall insomnia. Awesome.
  • Best moment this week: Lots!!! New Years, hanging out with Laura & Clay, Layla's vocabulary seriously exploding and her not crying at school drop-off :) Also, a random mid-week dinner with just my parent's last night was really nice.
  • Have you told family and friends: Yes.
  • Movement: Always moving - and always contracting! 
  • Food cravings:  No... but my mom made me an egg and cheese on a bagel last night and now I can't stop thinking about it.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: This cold is the worst illness possible. I cough, I sneeze, I have head pain, pressure... it's awful.
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: TONS - I wonder if he'll stay in the next 11 days???
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing my wedding band, no e-ring. 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Both. Josh is sick again which sucks. I'm ready for my house to be CLEAN and GERM FREE!!!!
  • Weekly Wisdom: TAKE. IT. EASY.
  • Milestones: It's a NEW YEAR!!!!! Exciting stuff!!!!!


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment