My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

34 weeks!

GIRLY!
Sesame Place - Josh, Layla & BIG BIRD!

Burt, Josh & Layla... love this!

Josh & Layla make the same faces often - it's so cute.


Layla's eyes lit up seeing Cookie Monster!

A little nervous to meet Elmo despite asking for him ALL day! ;)

Cookie loving!!

She loved it! (Kind of..haha)

HAPPY HANNUKAH! We have been lighting the Menorah every night - Layla loves it (and gifts - and Hannukah gelt)

Bath fun!



Ready for her 1st day of school!


One of the pictures her teacher sent me!

SHE SLEEPS AT SCHOOL! (I didn't send Mr Bear or Kyle and she ended up sleeping with a baby doll - too cute)


Howdy!!!
What a GREAT week we had...

Friday 12/7 - Addison (Keith & Melissa's 15th month old daughter) and Lily (Jeff & Kristin's 2 month old daughter) came over for a play date!!! It was so much fun and nice to see the girls playing together. I can't believe how big Layla & Addie are getting - Lily is SO sweet, a little bundle of joy. That night, we (Josh, Layla & myself) had a yummy dinner at KC Prime.

Saturday 12/8 - I woke up early to get my haircut & colored.. it's always nice to have a bi of pampering! Afterwards, home to pick up Layla & Josh and we were Sesame Place bound for a Very Furry Christmas -- we had 12 PM reservations for lunch and it was the best thing ever. The park didn't open until 1:00 PM so we were literally some of the first people there - once inside, we had our own table and were literally SWARMED by all the characters!! Everyone from Elmo, Burt, Ernie, Cookie Monster, Big Bird, Zoe - it was so great and Layla really loved it. She was a little nervous from time to time but smiled so big! The food wasn't great but who cares?! Afterwards, we went to see a show, Josh & Layla rode 2 rides (merry-go-round and Dumbo-like ride) - it was cold so we left. A perfect afternoon! That night, Josh went out with friends and I experienced my first contractions. OW. Not fun. A little scary but not too bad -- I think my body is getting ready! (It was also the start of HANNUKAH!! We gave Layla her shopping cart with fake food!)

Sunday 12/9 - We finally picked out cabinets for our island - kitchen renovations will now begin!! We were hoping to have it done by baby B's arrival but no such luck... we'll probably end up holding off on starting until February. I would have loved to have it done by the baby's bris but it's okay - no biggie fries. That day, Josh put together Layla's play kitchen - SHE LOVES IT! It's so much fun and adorable to watch her COOK!

Monday 12/10 - Stanley Steemer came in the morning and cleaned all the rugs - wahoo! Smells and looks great! Ready for baby boy! Lunch with my dad in the afternoon (yum). Doctor's appointment that afternoon - baby is measuring great.

Tuesday 12/11 - Toddler Tunes in the morning. Errands with my girly. Lots of cuddles. Preparations for school. Lots of mama tears!!!

Wednesday 12/12 - Layla's FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! I took the morning off of work and Josh was able to fit his schedule so he could take her to school with us. We all got ready - I cried while Layla drank milk. I cried while I put her dress on. I just cried - when did she get SO big?! We took her to school and went into the classroom. We were warmly greeted by her teachers (Lizzie & Louise) - Layla clung to Josh's hands for a few minutes but then was off exploring! We handed the teacher all of her things and noticed Layla was happy so we left... it was the weirdest, hardest feeling. I had my holiday party for work so I was occupied which helped. That afternoon, the teacher text messaged me saying that Layla cried a little bit but was doing great. She loved the moon bounce and games (it was Hannukah Game Day!), played nice, ate some lunch and ever SLEPT! I was so happy and proud. I picked her up from school and we cuddled all night. I'm nervous for Friday but confident everyday will get better & better!!!

Ok... must run but we're 4 1/2 weeks away. My C-Section time was moved from 8:45 AM to 3:00 PM yesterday - stinks because I can't eat past midnight the night before but it's still the same day (1/14) so I'm happy about that.

Tonight is Hannukah celebrations at my parent's house... this weekend includes Hannukah celebration at Aunt Karen & Uncle Brad's house and baby sprinkle on SUNDAY!

Until next week!!!

xx
C




  • How far along? 34 weeks, 3 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: Up 1.8 pounds. A total of 41.4. Thank heavens I'm almost done cooking!!! 
  • Maternity clothes? Yes yes. I'm always tempted to buy more but it's pointless at this point so I keep wearing the same outfits over & over. 
  • Stretch marks? Not yet - come onnnnnnn BIO OIL!
  • Sleep: No. Painful. Up off and on. I feel bad but we're now putting the cats in the basement so I am waking up a little less then I was prior.
  • Best moment this week: Layla not hating actually liking school. Huge relief. Contractions last weekend - while this wasn't a "best" moment, it made me realize how close we are! Sesame Place was so great last weekend. 
  • Have you told family and friends: Yes.
  • Movement: Constant. Painful. Poor bugger is running out of room.
  • Food cravings:  Food. I'm getting a little fuller faster. This is good.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Thank the lord, no. I can't deal with anymore nausea.
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks out the wazoo. Some real contractions.
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? I've been wearing my wedding band and have since given up my engagement ring as it's getting a little tight :(
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but crying OFTEN... ranging from hunger, tired, Layla starting school, working on babe's nursery... I just cry. lol.
  • Weekly Wisdom: Have faith your 18 month old will thrive in SCHOOL - you made the right decision.
  • Milestones: We are now at weekly doctor appointments. I have 3 more weeks left of work. It's ALL happening!!!
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment