My little family!

My little family!

Friday, December 21, 2012

35/35

A great week come and gone... too fast!!

Last Friday, my team at work threw me a surprise baby shower. It was SO sweet and they were so kind. Showered in yummy food and gifts, I was so happy. I also got a text message from Layla's fabulous teacher, Miss Lizzie, that Layla was tugging on her ear. She said she was generally happy and sleeping so I kept her at school until pick up. Fast forward to one (very long) doctor's appointment later and Layla was diagnosed with her first ear infection. Bam. 2 days at school and she is already sick - I guess I should have seen it coming?? She was extremely happy despite the ear infection which was great.

(This was also the day that tragedy struck in Newtown, Connecticut. I could write an entire blog on this . There are no words. I have nothing I could write that could accurately portray my exact thoughts on the subject. How? Why? I cried and continued to cry, daily, for the teachers, faculty and 20 young lives lost. My heart aches. I look at Layla in awe and amazement and I try to remember how fast it goes and how everything can change in the blink of an eye.)

Last Sunday, my sister threw me a baby sprinkle. It was the PERFECT afternoon, seriously. It was small and intimate, at a local salon (Blo-Out Bar) where they only do hair styling. It was so much fun - just my sister, sister in laws, best friends, cousins and Aunt. I loved it so much. Afterwards, we all came to my house for dinner. It was relaxing and silly and we were showered in gifts. I'm so very lucky and feel so very grateful for all that I have. (On a side note, the theme of the shower was mustaches - which is SO bizarre because just a couple of months ago I told Josh that would be the baby boy's 1st birthday theme for sure -- now it HAS to be!!)

Last Monday, Layla's ear infection turned into a full-on upper respiratory something complete with fevers and mucus. It was awful and I felt so bad for her. We spent a lot of time cuddling mixed in with playing. We had lunch with my dad and she wasn't herself. This led into Tuesday as well so we skipped her normal Romp & Roll class - bummer. By Tuesday night she was acting happy and normal which was a HUGE relief. Josh took her to school on Wednesday and she did great!!

I also had my last ultrasound on Tuesday... the baby boy looked delicious per usual and I cannot wait to kiss his chubby cheeks!!!!! At the appointment, he weighed a whopping 6 pounds, 9 ounces.. geesh. I'm estimating he'll be about 8 1/2 pounds but who knows!! (My neighbor, Deni, says it's good I'm having a C-Section so I don't have to think about it, hahaha.. she's due 4 days after my C-Section with a baby girl..so fun!!) His heart rate was 128. He looks great and best news of all - my placenta previa CLEARED! I can't believe it!! I am still moving forward with my C-Section but it's so nice to know I could have a vaginal delivery if needed.

This morning was another appointment with my regular OBGYN.. the baby measured great. I had my Group B Strep test done (if positive, at birth I will receive antibiotics) - otherwise we're right on schedule. 3 1/2 weeks to go... the room is ready (minus a lamp, area rug and some decorations) - I'm getting the car seat back from my sister this week - Shari & Brian got us a new Rock & Play Sleeper so he'll have a cozy little home next to my bed. We just need the baby boy!!!

My nesting is in full effect... I have all my bills paid and in order... I'm making out schedules for Layla and getting ready to set out the outfits she will wear that entire week (don't judge me) - it's all happening and QUICK. I keep thinking I will go earlier then January 14th.. we shall see!!

I am very excited for this upcoming week - Christmas Eve at Karen's house, Christmas Brunch at Matt & DD's house and next weekend Laura & Clay come to town!! CANNOT WAIT!

lots of love and merry Christmas!!!!

Some of my ladies at my baby sprinkle - they are amazing. I'm so lucky.
Work baby shower -- this is a pacifier made out of icing, life savers and jelly belly. SO CUTE!!!

All ready for the Barash Hanukkah party - wearing her faux fur. Too cute.

A quick time for playing on the front porch! 

Baby Sprinkle at Blo-Out Bar & My house... my sister put it together and it was PERFECT! (Remi, Kim, Me & Layla)

Sisters. Best friends. And looking alike thanks to straight hair! 

Fun times with my best girl, Ray <3
35/33 ;) 




  • How far along? 35 weeks, 2 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: Up 1.2 for a total of 42.6. COOL.
  • Maternity clothes? Oh yes. I'm at the point now where I ONLY want to wear sweats. Too bad I'd look like a complete bum. 
  • Stretch marks? I think I spotted a couple on my side yesterday. I haven't looked again. I'm too afraid.
  • Sleep: Up a lot, but 2 nights ago I slept fairly well. Hopefully that carries me through until my next night of sleeping well, haha.
  • Best moment this week: So many. Surprise work baby shower. Family Hanukkah Party. Baby Sprinkle on Sunday. Ultrasound on Tuesday seeing my sweet boy. 
  • Have you told family and friends: Yes.
  • Movement: All the time. The best ? When he moves towards Josh's voice - he is clearly already Dada obsessed.
  • Food cravings:  I had 8 cookies yesterday. I'd have 80 more if I could.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Heartburn yesterday was killer. 
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: Some contractions (nothing bad) and a bit of pressure.
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? Still wearing my wedding band, no e-ring. 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy but crying a lot.. I cried driving the other day for a solid 30 minutes while listening to Eddie From Ohio. Weirdo.
  • Weekly Wisdom: There is nothing better then spending time with family & friends - enjoy every second. We never know when it will end. 
  • Milestones: 35/35. Last ultrasound. One month from today is due date. (but 3 1/2 weeks until C-Section). AHHHHHH! 
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment