My little family!

My little family!

Friday, November 23, 2012

31 weeks!

Thanksgiving ;)

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!!!!!! (one day late)

We had a great week despite a horrific cold plaguing our Layla.

Last weekend, we had so much fun with Josh's parents!! They got into town on Thursday and we had a blast.

Friday, Josh & I went down the shore for the night to stay at Harrahs - we had a lot of fun, gambled a bunch, barely slept (literally) thanks to SCREAMING obnoxious 21 year old girls roaming the hallway until 5 AM, lots of food, getting baby B's room together (all furniture is put together and now it's time to ORGANIZE!) and more.

Sunday was my niece, Samantha's, baby naming. It was SO SO SO lovely -- Adam & Heather did a great job and it was a wonderful afternoon.

Monday was our last music class of the season :( I'm so sad! I decided we'll be starting again in January but it will be hard with a newborn so we'll see how it goes.

Tuesday was tumble tunes and when I realized Layla's cold was in full effect - blah! We had some work done on the house including a cat door installed for the basement (amazing), ceiling fans in the bedrooms, a bigger mantle to hold our cable box (no more hanging wires!) and the door to nursery is fixed (it kept sticking). I love all these little house improvements and we're really making progress. That afternoon, we had an ultrasound - Baby boy looked GREAT!!! He now weighs a whopping 4 pounds, 11 ounces (WOWOWOW) which is the 71%. I wonder if my scheduled C-Section date is a dream and he'll arrive early?! We'll see!! My mom came with me to the ultrasound which was great.

Thanksgiving was last night -- my mom did a beautiful job and it was really, really nice. The food, family and overall feeling was wonderful!! Layla also slept from 7:30 PM - 8:40 AM two nights ago, WOAH! Long sleep thanks to a cold. Combined with an almost 2 hour nap!! SO amazing.

We're having a lot of fun having Josh home from work -- we went to the mall this morning and got Layla her first pair of pink UGGS! This afternoon we were able to play on the swing set thanks to gorgeous fall weather -- now it's time for lunch, cuddles and relaxing!!

So much to write but my mind if all over the place and I'd much rather lay on my sofa ;)

Cheers to a great holiday - lots of love!!




  • How far along? 31 weeks, 2 days in picture, 31 weeks 4 days today!
  • Total weight gain/loss: Up 36.6 pounds. Sucks. And it's Thanksgiving this week so the normal person's weight gain combined with my pregnant weight gain? I'm expecting a 5 pound weight gain next week, literally. 
  • Maternity clothes? Yes.  
  • Stretch marks? Not yet - fingers crossed.
  • Sleep: Hard. Painful. Peeing a lot. And last night at 2:00 AM, I was greeted by my first leg cramp. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Painful is an understatement :( 
  • Best moment this week: Spending Thanksgiving last night with my family - it was SO lovely and the food was SO yummy and I was really, really happy.
  • Have you told family and friends: I'm 8 months pregnant. I don't think I can hide it any longer.
  • Movement: He is my moving boy!!!
  • Food cravings:  Always hungry. Always thinking about my next meal. Chubby.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks. Slight pressure.
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On! 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Very happy and VERY ready!!
  • Weekly Wisdom: Take seconds of the sweet potatoes or you'll regret it the next day. So good.
  • Milestones: We're in our 8 month!!







  • Walking with her grandparents!

    Snuggles.

    Music Class!

    Love the shakers!!

    My belly & Layla!

    Proof that she was still asleep at 7:30 AM (and continued to sleep until 8:40 AM) - so proud.

    Marley, Layla, Ava & POP-POP!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment