My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

30 weeks - 75% cooked!

LAYLA.  the best. eating a french fry. her goal in life everyday.


It's been a lovely few days... the weather has been SO crazy - Sunday & Monday were literally SO warm we didn't need jackets and it was great to spend time outside. Now today, it's cold and breezy but sunny - it's confusing and I think we've really pissed off mother nature :( 

Today is exactly TWO months until the babe's arrival. I can't believe it and yet I'm so ready for him to be ready -- it's getting harder. I'm getting bigger and my energy levels are starting to dip. My back pain is so severe sometimes I literally want to scream out. The nursery isn't finished (not even close) and it's giving me anxiety. Thanksgiving is NEXT week, December is fast approaching and time is flying and moving so slow all at once.

Layla has been a gem lately - truly spectacular  I love every second with her. She's been a sleeping queen lately - going much closer to 12 hours a night (instead of 11) and sleeping two LONG naps each day. It's glorious and so very appreciated. She's just incredible. If I had to pick one word to describe her, I think it would be LOVING. I mean - the kisses and hugs are endless. And to everyone. My youngest nieces, Remi & Sami, are constantly being smothered in kisses and I can only hope she feels that way about the new babe!!

Tomorrow, Josh's parents arrive... I'm so excited!! We are getting a lot of stuff done around the house and Josh & I were lucky enough to score a free room in Atlantic City for the night on Friday. I can't wait!! Layla will get some quality time with her grandparents while Josh & I get a true date night!! I hope I can stay awake - I'm also reaaally hoping to squeeze a maternity massage in!! Other plans include a night out with friends on Saturday to celebrate Shari's birthday and Sami's baby naming on Sunday, wahoo!!!

Next week - we're having some stuff done at the house - ceiling fans, extended mantle, cat door put in and the new nursery's door fixed. It's fun doing all this house stuff!!

Sometime right around now.... 10 years ago.... Josh & I met. I can't believe it's been 10 years. Is that real?? I think back on our relationship and can't help but smile. It's been a whirlwind, to say the least. Ups. Downs. Long Distance. Break ups. Engagements. Two houses. One amazing wedding. Millions of smiles. One perfect baby girl. One baby on the way. I can't wait to see what  the next 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 and 100 years brings. I love you, my bee.

Big belly. Low belly.

In a shirt - looks pointy??



  • How far along? 30 weeks, 2 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: I am NOT counting my way in today - quite frankly because I don't want to believe it. Is it normal to gain 3-4 pounds EVERY week?! I don't think so. Here's hoping next week I'm back to normal. 
  • Maternity clothes? Yes.  
  • Stretch marks? Not yet. LET'S GO BIO OIL!
  • Sleep: Last night was actually decent but it's painful, painful, painful. I can't turn over without severe pain. Nothing really helps. I also wake up early and can't go back to sleep.
  • Best moment this week: Our dear friends getting engaged. Lots of meals out with the family. Spending time with my BFF Melanie. 
  • Have you told family and friends: Lots of love on facebook this week thanks to posting a few pictures - this helped a lot as I feel like a house. People are kind, even if they don't mean it. hahaha. 
  • Movement: He doesn't stop. Literally doesn't stop.
  • Food cravings:  Hunger, hunger, hunger. I just eat all the time.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: No. I had a dream that I was having a C-Section on Friday which was way too early. I was terrified. I think baby boy is going to come early.
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On! 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!! 
  • Weekly Wisdom: Don't weigh yourself. You may want to commit suicide. Just kidding.
  • Milestones: Josh's parents come tomorrow for the last visit before baby B's arrival. whaaaaaaaat?? where is time going?? 75% cooked - wowza.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment