My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

28 weeks!



  •  Busy but quick update!!!
  • Hurricane Sandy has come and gone and left a huge path of destruction behind. We were beyond lucky to experience no damage and kept our power. It was extremely scary and I would never wish that wind on anyone. Jersey, NYC, PA along with so many other places were seriously effected. Scary. Horrible. And my beaches will never be the same :(
  • We booked our flights for March -- baby B's first trip to Florida!! It is all very exciting. And equally terrifying to think about flying/traveling with two babies. Holy moly. 
  • Three rooms our being painted in our house today. I looked in on the living room and love it (yellow). The baby's nursery turned out a lot more blue then I anticipated (despite a paint name of LAZY GREY!?) - hoping it turns into a bit more grey as it dries but I love it regardless. I haven't seen my master bedroom but I really hope it's more grey (I chose a color called essential grey).  There are 5 men painting here and they are fast and good. I'm excited.
  • I have a dentist appointment this afternoon for a routine cleaning. I'm almost 5 months late. Uh. 
  • Layla took a 3 hour nap at my parent's house this morning. This is a record and I'm so proud of her. 
  • Must go but lots to say - plans this weekend include lunch with the girls downtown tomorrow, dinner with my lover Jaime tomorrow night, a date night to the movies and dinner Saturday and FINALLY starting to clean out the nursery on Sunday!!!
  • I can't wait for the election to be over. 6 days and we're done!! (p.s. please win, Obama)

Please ignore my dirty mirror.

  • How far along? 28 weeks, 3 days.
  • Total weight gain/loss: +28.6 pounds. Looking like I'll gain as much as I did with Layla. Not cool. 
  • Maternity clothes? I'm in a non-maternity shirt today and if clothes could talk, I'm fairly certain this one would say - "OW... I CAN'T GET STRETCH ANY FURTHER!"  
  • Stretch marks? I thought I saw one this morning but it's gone now - phew! None yet. I'm hoping and praying I can get through the next 11 weeks mark-free!
  • Sleep: Rough. I sleep okay but wake up often and it's extremely painful to turn over. Last night I woke up at 4 AM and basically never went back to sleep.
  • Best moment this week: Hearing the babe's heartbeat last night. And surviving the hurricane.
  • Have you told family and friends: I'm knocked up. I think all know. 
  • Movement: Lots of movement. I was told at my appointment last night I need to start doing kick counts.
  • Food cravings:  Nothing really. I guess this week the theme is everything bagels.
  • Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope.  
  • Gender prediction: BOY!! 
  • Labor Signs: No.
  • Belly Button in or out? Barely in.
  • Wedding rings on or off? On! 
  • Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy. Scary week with the hurricane.
  • Weekly Wisdom: My doctor told me I can take Benadryl for my random left itchy foot. I am going to try it this weekend. I think it's time I got a good night's sleep.
  • Milestones: The baby's nursery getting painted today is making things very real. He will be here. In 2 1/2 months, exactly (unless he makes a random early appearance!)

Dada & Layla laying on the kitchen floor randomly during the hurricane.

Hurricane Sandy picnic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment