My little family!

My little family!

Friday, October 19, 2012

26 weeks :)

Hellooooooo to the last week of my 2nd trimester!!!!

Time is marching on and we are getting close.

We are back after a fabulous and fun vacation to Florida -- we did so much (I'll write all about it this weekend) but Layla had a reaaally hard time with sleep while we were there. We are exhausted. We started sleep training again last night - she did better then anticipated and I'm hopeful by this weekend she'll be back to normal.

Plans this weekend are opened which is great - I really want to clean out the baby's room to make way for the crib, changing table and more!!

I have a painter coming this afternoon to give me a quote for our master bedroom, the new nursery and our family room.

I'll going to have to do a whole house update as we are finally making changes BUT...

here are the semi-plans.

Master Bedroom - Colors will be grey and yellow.

Nursery - Colors will be navy blue and white with grey walls.

Family Room - One wall will have stripes and the rest of the room will be solid - using cream and tan. THANKS COLBY!!!! <3

WAHOO!
Ok, must run. I'll write tomorrow about Florida for sure!



How far along? 26 weeks, 4 days.  
Total weight gain/loss: I'm now up exactly 25 pounds. Unless I only gain an additional 10 pounds in the next 12 1/2 weeks, I'm screwed and will gain over the recommended amount. Wah.
Maternity clothes? All the time.  
Stretch marks? I didn't use Bio Oil the entire time we were in Florida and I'm nervous - back to using it everyday tonight.
Sleep: Just rough. Lots of lower back pain, especially at night. A sad, sleepy 16 month old waking multiple times this past week while on vacation didn't help. 
Best moment this week: Having maternity pictures with my dear friend, Oona - I know I look huge but I don't care that much. I love how big my belly is getting.
Have you told family and friends: No more hiding this big belly! Strangers smile and nod approvingly at my belly. It's cute. 
Movement: He is ALWAYS moving. No hiccups yet but I feel like they are coming soon! He moves the most when Layla is laying on me - I always feel like he's doing it to annoy her, haha.
Food cravings:  Salad. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope, feeling pretty good.  
Gender prediction: BOY!! 
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? So weird. Showing when I wear a tight shirt.
Wedding rings on or off? On! But getting tight... oy.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy! But sleepy - wonderful week, sans sleep.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't question your parenting skills because your 16 month old is having a hard time adjusting to sleeping in a new environment. Be prepared to re-sleep train and she'll get back to her normal self soon. And it's okay to cry about it. A lot.
Milestones: Last Florida trip before the baby is born. We are now in the last stretch - 94 days until due date (87 until my C-Section). WOWZA!


No comments:

Post a Comment