My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, September 27, 2012

23 weeks and 29 years old!


29th birthday. Inside our hotel room.
Here we are.
Another week, come and gone.
This was a GREAT week. Truly one of those weeks (despite sickness for Layla) that make me feel so lucky.

Rewind to last Thursday.....worked from home. Dinner at my parent's house complete with yummy Hesh's chocolate chip cake.

Friday, my actual birthday. 29. An exciting time. Slept in (barely..) as I took the day off of work. Able to have a super early breakfast with Josh, Layla and his mama at my restaurant of choice - I randomly chose IHop and it was SO.GOOD. I love pancakes. Went home - packed - and decided I wanted to look pretty so I went to Blo-Out-Bar. For $35 they do your hair - you can choose from 11 different styles and I always go for the Blair (long, loose curls) - it's so fun and makes you feel great. After lots of playing and lots of Layla kisses, Josh & I were Washington DC bound!! It's about a 3 hour drive - not too bad and we always have fun on car rides. We stopped half way for a late lunch (hot dogs - random but so good) and after a few wrong turns once we entered the city, we made it to our GORGEOUS hotel. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental (thanks jetsetter.com) - it was lovely. We made our way to our huge room and relaxed for a while before dinner at the Occidental (across from the white house). What a delicious meal, seriously. Josh claims it's "the best meal he's ever had" - no lie. The decor was so fun - lots of framed pictures of important people in government, etc. It was fancy without being stuffy. When we sat down, there was a birthday card signed by the entire waitstaff for me - how cool. We chowed down and cabbed it back to the hotel on a warm September night. It was really lovely and the perfect way to end my birthday.


Us!

Library of Congress behind us!

Steps of the Capital!

Saturday, we woke up early and decided to walk to the closest Starbucks. We had yogurt and coffee and enjoyed the quietness of the city and the lovely weather. Eventually, our dear friend Keven Stone picked us up and took us on tour of the city. We took some really fun pictures and saw awesome sites. Next up was our tour of the white house - SO COOL! We had to wait a long time in line and my feet were swollen something fierce, but I pushed through and really loved it. The tour itself was self-guided. We found that while we were there, the first lady was HOME - I would have loved to meet her. I find her beautiful, wonderful and powerful. So cool. After the tour, we went back to the hotel, packed up and left. Of course prior to leaving I found it completely necessary to buy the robe from the room - it was the nicest, most cosy thing EVER.. haha. 3 hours later and we were in the door and kissing Layla all over. I always say I would love a night away but the 3 times I've had it, I can't wait to get home to her.

Sunday, I woke up and was lucky enough to go get a prenatal massage - a perfect way to end my birthday weekend. It was great and relaxing. A little bit of shopping at GAP and Bed, Bath & Beyond and I went home. Layla went in for a nap and Josh cooked an awesome crock pot of Sloppy Joes - YUM! My parents came over for dinner - it was a great night except after Layla's afternoon nap, I noticed she was much fussier then normal. Thus began the sickness.......


Layla ready to cheer on the Eagles!!

Monday, woke up, gave Layla milk which she promptly threw up. Lovely. Also had a fever. Skipped music class. Morning nap and she woke up great so we (me, Josh's mama and Layla) decided to head to the mall for maternity shopping and lunch. Layla did great and ate wonderfully. Home for naps. Took Josh's mama to the train station, took my car in the mechanic (needs a new transmission - thank the lord I lease), got home and Layla threw up everywhere (luckily in the drive way) - great. A quick bath, bed.

Tuesday, Layla woke up with fevers and throwing up. A lot of cuddles. Tylenol. And a lot of movies. Tangled, Toy Story and Sesame Street. Repeat. I went to the ultrasound that afternoon to see baby boy. He looked great!!! His ventricles measured perfectly (woo!). He still has the cysts (two in his brain) but they are not concerned with them. I still have placenta previa (boooo) so I have a follow-up ultrasound in 4 weeks. By Tuesday evening Layla was playing and seemed to be mostly better!! We also ordered a new SWING SET that day!!!!! I'm so excited!!! (it will be set up on Monday!)

Yesterday, Layla woke up again with a bad fever and throwing up. UHHHH. I worked from home. My nanny took care of her. The doctor confirmed it is a virus. Frustrating and sad. She was so lethargic and sad. By last night she was mostly better but Josh & Layla skipped break the fast for Yom Kippur. I went to my Aunt & Uncle's house to represent us.

By today, she seemed better and is at my parent's playing and eating well. Hoping we are all done with this nonsense - it's NO FUN!!

lots of love. Until next week!
xoxo





How far along? 23 weeks, 3 days. The size of a LARGE MANGO! At the last ultrasound, he weighed in at a whopping 1 pound, 8 ounces. So proud of my growing boy. 
Total weight gain/loss: We needed to take out the battery to use in Layla's thermometer so no scale this week - WAHOO! haha
Maternity clothes? I finally have a few key pieces - thanks to an awesome sale at Old Navy and the generous gifts from Josh's mama from Pea in a Pod I have a few more shirts, a new pair of jeans and two pairs of pajamas for the hospital.  
Stretch marks? None yet.
Sleep: Still a horrible time. I am waking up around 4:45 AM and unable to go back to sleep. Bummer. 
Best moment this week: Seeing him at the ultrasound on Tuesday - a solid heart rate of 168 beats per minute.
Have you told family and friends: SI!
Movement: YES! Josh finally got to feel some awesome kicks too!
Food cravings:  None this week.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Feeling pretty good. Nausea here and there but nothing to write home about.  
Gender prediction: My baby BOY!! 
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? Flat?
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Feeling good. Although a late night viewing of The Notebook caused a mega-breakdown last night. Notebook tears are way different then normal tears - they flow hard, long and without fear.
Weekly Wisdom: Can't think of anything off hand - I guess I'll say that turning 29 was exciting and I'm looking forward to entering my 30's next year!! 
Milestones: Turning 29! And Baby Bear growing! 


2 comments:

  1. Love your blog too!! I am 26Weeks3Days and still pretty active. I spin 2x a week, yoga 1x and a long walk 1x. But, I have gained a decent amount of weight and get charlie horse, bad acid reflux and some other not fun things! Keep in touch :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing!!! That's awesome that you are able to keep so active. I have placenta previa so I'm not allowed to work out :( Hang in there with the acid reflux, I had that last pregnancy!! I drank soy chocolate milk (random, I know) and it helped!!

      Feel good hon!

      Delete