My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

22 weeks!!

Happy hump day, ya'll :)

It's Wednesday - two days before my birthday. I'm now 22 1/2 weeks pregnant. This means I'm in my 6th month of pregnancy. That's BIZARRE.

It's been a great week sans the worst back pain I've experienced in my life. I guess I can officially call it sciatica pain? I've been going to the chiropractor but I don't think it's helping much. It's also a big commitment (2-3 times per week) and I don't have the money/time to put forth. I'm dealing with the pain and I made a massage appointment for Sunday - can't waaaaait!! Otherwise feeling pretty good. No nausea. Lots of insomnia. Not as tired during the day (ironically). Lots of baby boy movement.

Biggest thing I've done this week?? An obscene amount of online shopping -- baby boy's nursery is coming together!!! He now has a crib, curtains, a curtain rod, bedding, a storage unit and baskets. I can't wait!! I'll post pictures as it comes together but the colors of the room will be navy blue, white, grey and a pop of color (either a brighter blue or a brighter green). I'm debating taking my sister's glider and updating it to match the room or just buying the new one I found. I'll decide soon.

We had a lovely week. The weather has been that perfect combination of sunshine and low humidity. Cool mornings, warmer days (but not hot) and perfect nights. I love it and I'm trying to spend as much time outside as possible.

We were supposed to go down the shore on Friday but nixed that plan and opted to stay home instead. We got a babysitter and had a wonderful date night to a restaurant we never tried before - it was really yummy and a lot of fun to just chat with my favorite person in the world.

Saturday, Josh & I decided to head to Target for a few things... close to $300 later, we headed home (oops) - it was so much fun though. After Layla's nap, we dropped her off at my sister's and went to test drive the Dodge Grand Caravan. HOLY COW. I'm not joking - it was a wonderful experience and I'm completely hooked on the car. It's so beautiful, drives great and the options are endless (hello DVD player, remote sliding doors, remote start, a computer in the car that stores music and movies, etc) - I'm obsessed and I hope it works out. My lease isn't up until May 2013 so I have time - really would love to have that car before the new baby comes!! After that, we grabbed Layla and took afternoon naps. So much fun. That night, Andrew came over for a sleepover -- we gifted this to my brother and sister in law so they could have a nice night out (my sister took their other two kiddies) - it was SO MUCH FUN. Andrew & Layla get along so well and they played so nice. Andrew slept over and he did great!! Woke up once in the middle of the night but otherwise was awesome.

Sunday, we (Me & Layla, Kim & her kiddies, Adam & his boy) went to the farm for pumpkin and apple picking!! The weather was perfect - the kids LOVED it!!! Layla ran around (her walking skills improve every single day) and it was a blast. We bought a huge pumpkin and hope to carve it this weekend!! The weather was ideal - I'll post pictures soon. After a nice afternoon nap, we went to my parent's house for the first night of Rosh Hashana. HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :) It was a lovely dinner and my mom did a great job.

Monday was music class - Layla's favorite. She had a blast again and ran around playing with all the kids. The funniest thing she does is SCREAM and SQUEAL each time Miss Sandy brings out a new instrument to try. She's such a character. After class, we met my Dad for lunch. Layla never had a morning nap but was perfect and ate a huge lunch. I was all excited for a nice long afternoon nap but instead disaster -- she cried for over an hour, then THREW UP. I think she worked herself up so much between crying and a big lunch. It was gross. I felt so bad. As soon as I got her out of the crib, she was happy and played so I knew she felt okay. We weren't going to bring her to sister's for the second night of Rosh Hashana but Josh decided we should - considering she had NO nap other then a 30 minute cat nap in the car on the way to dinner, she did pretty good.

Yesterday was a stormy, yucky day so Layla and I decided to play inside. She took a short morning nap (uh), my dad visited, then we went to Target again for a few things and left with a shopping cart full (what is my problem?!) - after that began another afternoon of a nap struggle. No idea why but I think it may be teething?? I almost gave up but decided one more time and was able to get her to sleep for another 45 minutes. Not a long nap but something - I felt like I won a war. Last night, my sister and the kids came over to play and for dinner - everyone had fun and we all passed out soon after they left.

Hoping today is a better day for Layla and her naps - the brief time we thought she was going to one nap a couple of months ago was no good. She NEEDS two naps a day. She's happier, eats better and sleeps better at night. My nanny is the nap queen so I'm hoping she works her magic today.

That's about it - looking forward to this weekend. Josh's mom comes tomorrow, I'm having my hair blown out on Friday, Washington DC that night with my love, a white house tour on Saturday, a massage on Sunday.. lots of shopping, naps and Layla kisses in between!

Cheers to a great week and the start of the best season, FALL!!


Layla & Andrew's 1st sleepover -- playing the drums on pots and pans. :)

Layla at music class playing with the drum sticks!



BIGGGGGGG belly!!!


How far along? 22 weeks, 2 days. Baby bear is the size of a spaghetti squash or papaya :) 
Total weight gain/loss: Want to have severe anxiety and heart palpitations? Get pregnant. Weight gain is a FUNNY thing. If it's humanly possible, in the past 2 weeks I have gained 7 pounds. Literally -- 7. I'm not sure how that is possible but short of a good cry and a quick reality check that weight gain is a SMALL price to pay, I've come to terms with it. I'm now up 17.6 pounds. Two weeks ago I was only up 10.6 pounds. UH. The funniest thing? I looked my blog to when I was 22 weeks pregnant with Layla - guess what? I was up EXACTLY the same amount of weight -- guess it's fate that I will gain a lot again this pregnancy?? Whatever works.
Maternity clothes? I just ordered a few key pieces on Old Navy (hello maternity sale!) and I'm going shopping at Pea in a Pod on Sunday with Josh's mama - very exciting!! I want to get something really cute to take maternity pictures - coming up fast with Oona, my love from college.  
Stretch marks? Bio Oil and prayers. None yet.
Sleep: This week has possibly been the worst yet - middle of the night wake-ups, EARLY mornings - strange dreams. No fun. Pregnancy insomnia stinks. 
Best moment this week: Lots of baby kicks. We had a LOVELY weekend. The weather has been extraordinary.
Have you told family and friends: The best thing I've ever done was share my story on here - the support I've felt is incredible.
Movement: Yes!! Lots. I'm trying to figure out his schedule but no such luck. I really want Josh to feel a kick!!
Food cravings:  None this week. Due to the fact that anorexia and pregnancy don't go well together, I'm focusing on lots of fruit and veggies.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Luckily, as of now, nausea seems to have left the building.  
Gender prediction: My baby BOY!! 
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In! But so so so weird looking.
Wedding rings on or off? On! But getting a little tight.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Feeling happy, good and calm.

Weekly Wisdom: My mom told me this morning that weight gain doesn't matter. She's damn right. 
Milestones: Hmm - I guess the fact that I'm turning 29 on Friday is a milestone for this mama!!

No comments:

Post a Comment