My little family!

My little family!

Friday, August 31, 2012

Week 19. Almost half way there!!


Look at the gorgeous baby - see his heart?? See his sweet face??

My babe.
The size of a large heirloom tomato or mango.
The cause of extreme happiness, unsolicited tears, a bit of stress, an insane amount of love, nausea and severe back pain.

The only thing I think about, in addition to Josh & Layla.

Without going into detail (yet) ..... it's been a tough 8 days.

We are so excited to learn our sweet babe is a BOY.
We are so happy to know you are growing and thriving.

We received scary news at our anatomy scan resulting in a follow-up ultrasound (which was this past Wednesday), a future trip to Children's Hospital in Philadelphia, and assorted other tests and ultrasounds. I am working on staying positive and optimistic that everything will be fine. I am praying and relying on family and dear friends to stay calm. Stress does NOTHING good for me resulting in NOTHING good for baby. My chiropractor noted how emotional stress can be just as damaging as physical stress. She said I was completely out of alignment and tense. The body is a magical and amazing tool and I need it to be in the best possible shape in order to grow this gorgeous little man.

Josh has been a staple. He stays SO calm, so positive, it's incredible.

After our ultrasound on Wednesday, I left crying. He left smiling. He saw all the positive the doctor had to see where I ONLY heard the worst possible outcome. I am learning to be more like him.

Enough sadness. Say a prayer and move on. Don't worry until there is something to worry about.

Yada yada. ;)


I'm not fat. I'm pregnant. AND a little fat.

How far along? 19 weeks, 4 days.
Total weight gain/loss: Stress = weight gain. I weighed myself, quickly jumped off and decided this week doesn't count. I'm allowed because I'm the mama.
Maternity clothes? I need to get a few more shirts. I don't want to ruin all my shirts and stretch them out.  
Stretch marks? Bio Oil - so far, none.. 
Sleep: I've had quite a few good nights of sleep in a row, which is HUGE. And needed.
Best moment this week: Picking out a crib. Picking out curtains. Feeling your sweet kicks. Seeing you at the ultrasound and learning you grew ONE ounce in six days!!! You now measure 11 ounces and your heart rate was 154 beats per minute!
Have you told family and friends: I'm so pregnant, strangers now notice. Cool.
Movement: Yes!!
Food cravings:  Nothing, really. Just no chicken please.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yesterday the hallway at work smelled like mildew and I almost puked all over the elevator. EW.
Gender prediction: BOY!!!!! I KNEW IT!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: An assortment of (stressful) emotions. I cried driving to my parent's house last night while listening to Florence and The Machine's "Shake It Off". It's my favorite song at the moment.

Weekly Wisdom: Don't worry. Don't google. Rely on your sister.
Milestones: We learned our sweet babe is a boy.

1 comment:

  1. You look great! Im sorry you're still a little nauseated though! Hopefully that's on it's way out.

    ReplyDelete