My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

17 weeks!!!!!!!

My babe, the ONION or TURNIP!
Another week, come and gone.
Slowly pushing through the nausea, less and less each day!

Still have the terrible back pain -- went to a chiropractor last night for a consultation and was really happy at the thought of being a little less pain free. She also thinks getting adjusted will help with headaches, insomnia, energy and acne - who knew?? we'll see. Josh told me not drink the Kool-Aid yet, haha. I go back Saturday for my first real appointment.

Had to have bloodwork done yesterday because my nephew, Max, was diagnosed with Parvo (5th's Disease) this week. Not a big deal for kiddies but can be pretty bad for a preggo so I had bloodwork yesterday to make sure all is good.

One week from today ...and we can finally find out if Layla will have a little BROTHER or SISTER!! I'm just hoping baby bear is happy, healthy and moving all around like the little gummy bear she/he is.

I'm also POSITIVE that I've felt movements this week. THE BEST, sweetest little thumps -- not quite enough for Josh to feel yet but soon enough.

I have to admit I keep forgetting I'm pregnant. Then I look down and see my ever-growing belly and I'm reminded that in just 5 short months - our sweet family of three will be a big family of FOUR!

Please excuse morning hair and pajamas - working from home today!



How far along? 17 weeks, 3 days.
Total weight gain/loss: SO remember last week how I lost a pound? WELL - fear not - this week I GAINED 3.2 pounds. I can't explain it. (I mean, maybe a little more ice cream then normal?) - I'm now up 9.4 pounds. It is what it is. I'm coming to terms with the fact that my body likes to gain weight while pregnant. It clearly needs to. And I need to let it. And I need to not get sad. But it's okay to cry.
Maternity clothes? I need to grow my wardobe. I may hit up some stores over the next few weeks for key pieces.
Stretch marks? Bio Oil - so far, none.. 
Sleep: Off & on. Up to pee once a night.
Best moment this week: Feeling the first offical movement!
Have you told family and friends: Yup!
Movement: Yes!!
Food cravings:  1000 Island Dressing. Salad. Chocolate Dipped Cones.
Anything making you queasy or sick: I keep eating it, but red sauce is defintely not my friend lately.
Gender prediction: I'm sticking with my BOY prediction!!!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :) :) :)

Weekly Wisdom: Stop with the weight gain worries. Keep eating. Keep moving. It'll come off post-baby. Thank the lord for breastfeeding.
Milestones: One week until anatomy scan!!

McDonalds Ice Cream Hot Fudge Sundae - complete with a scoop of peanut butter on top. Also known as heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment