My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, August 9, 2012

16 weeks. 4 months down!


  • A good week!! 16 weeks... the baby is now an AVOCADO!!! YUMMY! :)
  • Heard the heartbeat - sounds perfect!!
  • Layla turned 14 months and is the most amazing little person. Update on her next!
  • We played a lot of monopoly this weekend. We are currently tied 1-1. We go through phases with Monopoly - Josh & I don't fight often, but when we do it's usually related to board games and hanging artwork (haha).
  • I NEED to find & fill out the hospital paperwork ASAP and mail it off... it's mega important.
  • I need to finish up Layla's 1st birthday thank you notes. I'm seriously late. Blah.
  • We had great play dates this week with Blake (Ariel & Rich's 6 month old adorable baby boy) on Sunday and Addison (Keith & Melissa's adorable soon-to-be 1 year old!) on Monday. Layla LOVES playing with other kids and I love mommy time!!
  • Layla is starting SCHOOL! 2 days a week starting December.... ohmygod. More on that later as well. We are so excited and couldn't have picked a better place.
  • TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL WE FIND OUT THE SEX!! Place your bets ;) And let me know of a fun gender reveal!

Popped! Belly keeps changing.



How far along? 16 weeks, 3 days.
Total weight gain/loss: Lost a pound this week - making up for my gain last week! I'm now up 6.2 pounds.
Maternity clothes? I think it's time to go shopping for some maternity - I'm mostly okay with pants (may add another pair or two) but I want some more shirts, skirts and dresses. I bought a really cute skirt from Target Maternity the other day but it's reaalllly big on me and i doubt the small will fit. Torn as I love it but it'll a waste if I can't wear it!
Stretch marks? Bio Oil is my drug of choice.. 
Sleep: Waking up to pee. Waking up with anxiety (weird). Waking up from bad dreams. But (mostly) able to fall back asleep. Naps help.
Best moment this week: HEARING THE HEARTBEAT!!! That sweet sound was music to this mama's ears. The doctor found it RIGHT away and said the baby was moving all over the place! The heart rate was in the 150s!
Have you told family and friends: Yup!
Movement: I KNOW I felt movement last night. The doctor asked if I was feeling any yet and I told her I THINK I am.. she said over the next week or two I'll feel it more and more ;)
Food cravings:  1000 Island dressing. Salads. Watermelon. Peanut Butter. Bagels.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I think I may be coming to the end of the nausea road, finally! Yesterday afternoon wasn't too great but looking forward to nausea-free days.. hopefully soon.
Gender prediction: NO IDEA! 2 weeks from today and we finally find out!!
Labor Signs: No.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :) :) :) In love, healthy and I currently have the cutest 14 month old I've ever seen.

Weekly Wisdom: Play more monopoly. It's really fun.
Milestones: We heard the heartbeat, we made our anatomy scan appointment, Layla turned 14 months... big things!!

Belly in clothes!

1 comment:

  1. With George I craved fruit and pb from the beginning of the second trimester on. So maybe it is a boy thing, let us know when you find out!

    ReplyDelete