My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

We have a WALKER!!!!

Layla & her BFF Remi.... ladies lunching ;)

A BIG WEEK for our dear, fear Layla Jules.

On Monday, July 23rd -- Layla and I were playing in the living room. I put her a little away from me while sitting on the sofa and she took one giant (unassisted) step towards me. I screamed for Josh to hurry in the room. I put her a little further away and she took two more steps. We took our her video camera (er.. IPhone) and began the tape... and BOOM! Our girl continued to take a few steps, over and over, squealing in delight while Josh & I cried our eyes out. It was the most exciting, proud moment I believe I've felt as a parent yet. She looked SO happy, so confident. She knew it was a huge achievement. It was so exciting. I am trying to post the video (despite my horrific appearance in it) but I can't seem to be able to - I'll try again later. Yesterday, she was a little hesitant to try to walk again but by last night was taking more steps -- she even did a bunch in the middle of the room to get to my niece Abbey - it was awesome.

We had a great weekend...

Friday, we had a yummy dinner at Las Margatritas with the Kushners.

Saturday, we joined Costco (literally the highlight of our weekend - not even embarrassed to say that out loud), took naps (Layla for 2 1/2 hours!) and headed to celebrate our dear Ariella's 1st birthday. I adore her parents (Dana & Craig) and it was nice to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in a long time. Layla had a great time and of course loved the Elmo theme ("MELMO!!!" she shouted at every single Elmo sighting on the napkins, balloons, etc).

Sunday, Brooke babysat so Josh & I could go see Batman with Melanie & Eric (at 9:30 AM..haha) - it was a lot of fun and I'm glad we got to go! After Layla's nap, we jetted over to my sister's house for yummy food and lots of playing.

Monday, Layla and I went to Target in the morning while our backyard was made pretty and the cleaning ladies worked their magic. Afterwards, she napped and then we went to lunch with my dad at Olive Garden. So yummy. I really music class and can't wait for the fall semester to begin!! Then the walking began!!!

Tuesday, we had a great morning. We woke up at 7:30, quickly got ready, went to the movie theatre to buy tickets, visited my work (everyone couldn't get over how big Layla got!) and then we went to see RIO!! It was Layla's 1st time in the movie theatre and she did incredible. I mean, far beyond how I thought she would do. She didn't mind the dark or loud noises and LOVED the big screen! She danced, laughed, giggled and yelled.. so funny. They do $1.00 movies on Tuesday mornings of old kids movies so it was perfect. We went with my sister in law Danielle and my nieces Ava & Marley. Lots of fun!! Layla made it about 3/4 the way through, then got sleepy so we left. We ended up having a surprise late lunch with my sister & Remi, then babysat Remi (while Layla yelled REMI in her face over and over hahaha). It was a lot of fun. I'm starting to get used to the idea that there will be two babies around... I still can't believe it.

On another huge and exciting note (I almost didn't want to type this out for fear of jinxing it..) - Layla is now sleeping 11 1/2 - 12 hours every.single.night. No more crying and needing a pat on the butt. No more early wake ups. She's also going to bed later. Instead of a strict 7 PM (and sometimes even 6:45) she's now closer to 7:30 PM (and sometimes 7:45!) - and sleeping until at least 7 AM, sometimes until 7:45 AM!!! It's a WHOLE NEW WORLD. And I'm enjoying every single second!!!!!!!!! Please don't change!! We are officially on one nap a day and it ranges from 45 minutes - 2 1/2 hours. I like it (although sometimes I wish she'd nap a little longer) but I'm not complaining. GO LAYLA GO!
So that's that....
We are getting ready to celebrate our favorite Dada's 30th birthday this weekend... I may have a couple of surprises up my sleeve (he literally has no idea what we are doing) and I'm hopeful he enjoys his celebration!

better run - promise to take more pictures this week!!
xoxo
C

No comments:

Post a Comment