My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

8 weeks!!

Okay, okay... I'm not being as good as I was with Layla as far as blogging goes for baby # 2. I'm really only a week behind and it's not my fault - I wasn't exactly sure how far along I was until last Tuesday!! BUT - thanks to a very positive and exciting first doctor's appointment (so so so in love with my new doctor's office) followed by an equally exciting dating ultrasound (baby's heartbeat was 133 - boy??), we now know I'm 8 weeks, 2 days along. My due date is officially JANUARY 21, 2013. A perfect due date, yes? So I'm 5 days later then I originally thought - not too bad, although this 1st trimester is a doozy and everyday closer to the 2nd trimester seems good to me. I'm feeling better then I was last week and MUCH better then I was with Layla, but nausea/exhaustion/no energy is a very real problem right now. Pushing through and getting more & more excited that our little family will soon be FOUR!

How far along? 8 weeks, 2 days.
Total weight gain/loss: As of last week, I was actually down 1.6 pounds which means I'm exactly where I was when I found out I was pregnant. I think I'll gain a bit this week as carbs are my BFF due to nausea.
Maternity clothes? No although due to bloat my jeans can feel tight by the evening rolls around.
Stretch marks? Nope – must buy bio-oil. Stat.
Sleep: Exhausted. Early bedtimes and napping when I can. We had Josh's mom here the past few days which was awesome - lots of rest! I still wake up several times a night but I'm okay.
Best moment this week: The ultrasound. Seeing the little (teeny) peanut and that lovely heart flicker.
Have you told family and friends: Slowly telling more and more people -- I can't wait until July 9th when we can tell the world!
Movement: No although I swear I always feel something.
Food cravings: None. Half the time I don't want to eat, the other half I only want cheerios or bagels. And ginger ale.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Yes. Smells. Food. The morning.

Have you started to show yet: Nope but i think I'm just a few weeks away from that!
Gender prediction: Still thinking BOY, especially after the heartbeat was low!

Labor Signs: No. No. No.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On.
Happy or Moody most of the time: An emotional mess. Josh calls me crazy when I'm pregnant. I'm trying to avoid being insane. It's not easy.

Weekly Wisdom: Layla's 1st year when by in the blink of an eye - trying to soak up every second, even the sleepless ones.
Milestones: First ultrasound, blood work done, appointment made for sequential screen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment