My little family!

My little family!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

13 weeks!



Please excuse my pajamas. And side ponytail. And overall appearance. But focus on BABY BEAR growing away!

Well hello.
And welcome to 13 weeks, 3 weeks.
Also known to MANY as the 2nd trimester (40 weeks divided by 3..)
I'm officially in my 2nd trimester and barely seeing the benefits so far.
BUT - I have to say - right now, at this very second, I feel good!!
So maybe the nausea and exhaustion can leave??? (and never return!)

We had our sequential screen on Friday - this is the ultrasound & blood work test to measure the baby and see the odds of having a chromosomal disorder. They do one more round of blood work between weeks 16-20 and can determine the odds even further. The ultrasound was GREAT!! We loved the tech and the baby looked perfect -- he/she was jumping & waving it's little hands and feet. The heart rate was 153. Nice and strong. Josh thinks the baby is a girl based on the heart rate (higher then 140 tends to be girl) but the tech said that's only 65% true in most cases and doesn't start until 2nd trimester, so right now I'm still team BOY! I'm looking forward to the next ultrasound (between weeks 18-20) so we can see our baby bear again and learn the sex!! Our next appointment is August 3 - SO SO SO ready to finally hear the heartbeat!!

How far along? 13 weeks, 3 days.
Total weight gain/loss: I lost a bit - up 2.8 now.
Maternity clothes? I have started wearing maternity jeans. I can still get away with my regular jeans but I need to keep them unbuttoned.
Stretch marks? C'mon BIO-OIL, don't fail me now!

Sleep: Insomnia and pee-breaks make for tough nights...however last night, I slept really, really well - I needed it!
Best moment this week: Seeing the baby on the ultrasound! AND everyone at work telling me I "popped" yesterday!

Have you told family and friends: YUP! People keep texting/emailing/calling to tell us congrats, it's very sweet!
Movement: Not yet. I swear I keep feeling it.
Food cravings:  Egg and Cheese from Manhattan Bagel. Hot Dogs. TastyCake Pies.

Anything making you queasy or sick: I need to keep food in my tummy - but smells aren't bothering me quite as much.
Gender prediction: I wavered a bit and started thinking girl a little - but still on the boy train! Happy either way. A BFF for Layla no matter what.
Labor Signs: No. No. No.
Belly Button in or out? In!
Wedding rings on or off? On!
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both. My emotions are still everywhere. I cried in the car while talking to my mom yesterday on my lunch break. Enough said. 

Weekly Wisdom: Don't worry (too much) about weight gain. And don't worry (too much) about Layla. Stress is good for NO ONE!
Milestones: 2nd trimester FUN!!!!!!!! (Now hurry back and feel 100%) ;)



I couldn't help it - my sweet girl driving Winnie the Pooh all around town!
Belly in clothes! (12 weeks 4 days)


No comments:

Post a Comment