My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

49 weeks!!


My sweet girl dancing and clapping at music!
 HI!
Sorry two days late.... lack of sleep and keeping busy has made me a bad blogger.

Another fantastic week, despite the major sleep regression we are currently facing. For some STRANGE reason, Layla has decided her new wake-up time is around 4:15 AM. And one night she woke up around 3:30 AM but luckily went back to sleep. WHAT IS HAPPENING? I'm exhausted, Josh is too, and Layla's lack of sleep is beginning to catch up with her causing a bit of my usually happy girl to be cranky and clingy beyond words. I don't know if it's all the traveling we did, teething, the end of the cold, a growth spurt... what is it?? :( It's hard but i know this, too, shall pass... and I'm trying to see the silver lining (middle of the night cuddles, sloppy wet kisses, lots of love) - I'm beyond thankful for Josh and his willingness to take the baby downstairs during the early morning hours so I can catch an extra hour of sleep but this is tough!

Also new... separation anxiety. Layla has become shy when meeting new people at first (although after 5 seconds usually flashes her toothy grins and is willing to go to any woman that is willing to play with her) - men are a different story. She keeps a safe distance and cries at the sight of facial hair :( Poor Uncle Matt. I think it's a sign of maturity that she is dealing with separation anxiety -- apparently when Josh gives her to Brooke, our nanny, she cries - heartbreaking because she LOVES Brooke. I know she'll pass this stage but it's so hard.

On to the GOOD stuff.... (and i don't want to seem like I"m complaining. I'm so lucky that Layla is SO easy going, SO happy, so calm.... it's actually commented on EVERYWHERE we go... she really is happy and this is just a small rough patch)...

We had such a great weekend.

Last Tuesday, on a random complete whim, my sister & decided to take Layla for her first haircut at Wiggle Worms (and Max needed one too). I was completely nervous - after the LONG wait, we were seen. Of course, despite a fever and runny nose, Layla was an angel. She sat perfectly still while the stylist worked her magic. Of course she looks beautiful but I semi-regret getting the haircut... she doesn't look the same to me!! It's growing on me... an adorable little pixie cut and Layla can finally see. She no longer has the mullet in the back. I know it'll grow fast and it was exciting. She got a little certificate with her first pieces of hair :( So crazy. (I'll post pictures from it soon)

Friday night, Josh surprised me with tickets to see Rent at a tiny theatre near our house.. it is a 300 person building and completely incredibly fun. This was my 4th time seeing Rent and was SERIOUSLY good. I was expecting a high school performance (judging by the size of the theatre, the price of the tickets and the fact that the cast only rehearsed for three weeks) but it was soooooo good! The voices, the set... all perfect. It was a great date night. Kelly babysat for us - she's 16 and she watches Layla for us every other Friday so Josh and I can go on a date. It's so nice and easy. Poor Kelly never gets to see Layla as she is always sound asleep by the time she comes but at least all she has to do is watch her on the video monitor and watch movies :)

Saturday, we woke up to discover Josh's laptop wasn't working. We decided to change our plans and headed to Suburban Square (outdoor shopping, food and the Apple store) - the weather was perfect and we had a great day. We had a yummy lunch outside, did some shopping and got a new plug for the laptop (phew, money saved there!). That night, my sister & I met up with Jaime & Melanie for a yummy outside dinner at Honeys and we saw Ingrid Michaelson. It was a great night and I'm really, really glad my sister came out. It was her first night out in forever - a great chance to escape for a few hours :)

Sunday was mother's day! Josh allowed me to sleep in until 8 AM (glorious) and got me breakfast in bed (dunkin donuts, my favorite). After Layla's morning nap, we got dressed and went to brunch at Cheesecake Factory and did some shopping at Nordstrom Rack (wowza, love the new store). I got a new dress for Layla's party - I need to look good because I hired a photographer and I hope to get some new family pictures. We came home, napped, and headed to my sister's house for a fantastic BBQ. it was great to be with my family and enjoy some yummy food (despite counting points on weight watchers, haha).

A fantastic weekend, for sure!!
Monday was our usual and always fun music class - followed by lunch with my dad, Kim, Remi & Josh. Yummy!!

Yesterday, thanks to an AWFUL night of sleep, was a complete stay at home day. I had to cancel our play date with Addison because I was too sleepy. Huge bummer. Layla and I really bummed around playing with her toys - we made one quick trip to Target and that was it.

And now here we are! I went this afternoon to put a deposit down on a 6 foot privacy fence - I'm so excited. There is SO SO SO much I want to do to our new house and it feels great to (slowly) cross things off our checklist.

Very much looking forward to the upcoming weekend - lots to be thankful for.

Layla's birthday party is fast approaching - the only thing left to do is figure out the main dish we will be serving (most likely pizza) and getting the plates, cups, silverware and napkins.

Lots of fun - until next week!
Cheers!

BABY EVOLUTION! haha.. Layla, Remi & Samantha. I love this.

Mother's Day 2012!

Me and my favorite.

ALL 9 BABIES! IN ONE PICTURE!! *From top left - Max, Abbey, Layla, Ava, Marley, Justin, Samantha, Andrew & Remi

No comments:

Post a Comment