My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

42 weeks!

In a sweet dress from ROME - thanks Aunt Kim!

Laughing. Hysterically. At the washer machine.


layla, crawling. (everywhere).
layla, teething. (awful).
layla, growing. (out of her car seat).
layla, loving. (everyone, everything, especially the cats).

....what a week!

Were going through a bit of a rough time right now. She is teething. BAD. Two nights ago she woke up at 3:30 AM for the first time in a LONG time. Crying. Sobbing, more like it. I went in and nothing soothed her. It was clear she was in pain. I ended up nursing her and she fell back asleep for another hour or so but woke up again around 5 AM crying. She was pretty miserable all day yesterday and napping was a doozy. Last night, she woke up at 4 AM and I ended up nursing her again but she then slept until about 6:30 AM (her normal wake-up) and is happier today. The problem is, I don't see any new teeth!! She won't let me near her mouth to check and she is chomping on everything in sight (including my shoulders, OUCH!) - we know she is teething - this is how she always acts. Hoping we're back to normal by tonight!!

We had a great week otherwise - lots of fun crawling and exploring!!! Layla is no longer scared to leave the rooms we are sitting in and is now crawling everywhere. We haven't really baby proofed much but it's clear we need to - stat! Josh is going to put the gates on the stairs, I'm going to plug up the outlets, we're going to hide all the wires - and hope for the best?! I need to get something for my fireplace because she is obsessed with banging on the marble. 

This past weekend was great for me because I got to see so many girlfriends - Rachel, Shari, Amanda & Melanie... love them so much and so does Layla!!!

We also had a great play date on Saturday with Layla's little girlfriends, Addison and Ariella. We haven't had all three girls together in a LONG time so it was extra fun!! They all sat up and "played" - mostly stealing toys from each other and hitting each other in the head - fun fun!! It was great and I love that Layla has friends already. 

(typing as fast as possible before Layla eats the cable box or cat's food - currently distracted by puffs)

We saw the best movie this weekend - HUNGER GAMES! I was obsessed with the books and thankfully the movie did not fail, woo!!! 

Really starting to plan her first birthday - need to order invites, decorations, Layla's birthday outfit and more!!

ALSO - we are coming up on our TWO Florida trips within 2 weeks - 3 cities (Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Miami), 4 flights, lots of fun but very nervous. I need to order Josh's 2nd anniversary present, I need to figure out Layla's 1st Disney outfit, I need to go shopping for me and get some new fun clothes (especially for Miami) - all amazing and exciting!!!!

ALSO - we are officially on baby countdown!! Baby Kushner and Baby Soloff will be here within the next few weeks and I cannot wait to get my hands on newborn squishyness!!!!!

(She is currently licking my legs. Literally. Is this the fun of a 9 1/2 month old?! hahaha)

Spring music class starts next week, we are going to Atlantic City for the night on Friday, Josh's mom sent us gorgeous DVF (for GAP) clothes for Layla and my house isn't a complete messy disaster. I'd say that's a good Tuesday!!! ;)

xoxoxo
Court

No comments:

Post a Comment