My little family!

My little family!

Monday, January 2, 2012

30 WEEKS OLD!



30 WEEKS OLD!
...Happy new years everyone. 2012, is that true? Is it REALLY 2012? Seems impossible, seems insane that a whole year has come and gone.

We had a nice week - Layla can officially announce she has her FIRST TOOTH! It is on the bottom in the middle and it's sharp as a knife. Poor thing was in a lot of pain all week (along with severe constipation - possibly due to squash?) - but she's hanging in and pushing through. Her food choices are growing wider - this week we introduced prunes (to help things - um- move?) and pears which she loves. I'm really loving the foods - she seems to like everything she tries and loves to sit in her high chair. We are about 50% making our own food and 50% buying organic jarred baby food. It's a good mix and works well.

New Years Eve was fun - we went to Matt & Danielle's house for a party - all my siblings were there (first year we were all together!) and it was really great to be with the kiddies. We tried to put Layla to sleep in Matt & Danielle's room and she fell asleep but kept waking up - I felt so bad so we left around 9. :( I probably could have kept her on my lap and hope she fell asleep but we didn't think it was fair to her - besides, NYE isn't a big priority to  me so I didn't mind leaving. We came home, put the babe to bed, and I stayed awake as long as possible - Josh woke me a few minutes before midnight and we celebrated the new year with a smooch, then promptly passed out.

Being a parent changes everything - in the best possible way.

I'm so excited to see what 2012 has in store - I wish lots of health, happiness and love for everyone. We are starting the year off right with a trip down to South Florida on Thursday to celebrate Josh's grandpa's 90th birthday. What a wonderful celebration - I can't wait to see everyone! This is Layla's 4th trip to Florida (she'll be 7 months on Friday, pretty insane) - it should be a good time and of course we will enjoy some warm weather.

The baby is sleeping on Josh as we speak - her usual looong afternoon nap (I usually have to wake her after 3 hours) - it's been a rough couple of weeks of sleeping for her. I guess it's the teething? She seems to be waking up around 3:00 AM every night and crying - sometimes falling back asleep on her own, sometimes needing the pacifier and a quick pat on the back to let her know everything is okay. She still wakes up between 4-6 AM to eat once, then generally goes back to sleep and wakes up around 6:30 AM - 7:00 AM. I wouldn't mind her early wake up if she didn't have the two middle of the night wake-ups - buuuut - she goes down super easy thanks to bedtime routine (at 7 PM - 7:15 PM) and I know it could be worse - I'm just waiting for 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep - maybe one day?? ;)

After Florida, we are going to work on napping in the crib - her afternoon nap is almost on me and I can never get anything done. We'll work on that next and hopefully it goes well -she loves her crib at night so praying it's not too hard of a transition!!

I guess I should document my new year's resolutions -

1. EXERCISE.  We bought an elliptical this summer and I can (embarrassingly) admit I've been on it TWICE. Uh. I have another 12 or so pounds to lose from the pregnancy but I want my body back in shape. By this summer, I'd like to wear a bikini without feeling like a blimp.

2. DECORATE. I've lived in my house since March and the only room I feel is complete is Layla's nursery. This is fabulous but it's time for the rest of the house to follow suit! We have been to two furniture stores but I haven't found any pieces I love. I refuse to settle this time around - the townhouse, we basically furnished with what we thought was cheap, comfortable and easy - this time around, it's all about style! I decided to paint my dining room a gorgeous shade of turquoise - I'm going BOLD. I'm excited.

3. RELAX. I'm always feeling anxious about chores, the house being a mess, my body being fat, the dessert I ate 3 nights ago, etc. It's silly, really. These thoughts can be put towards much better use - like playing with Layla or watching a good movie.

4. READ. I've been on a huge reading kick lately and I LOVE it - I read the Hunger Games series in about 2 weeks and I can't stop thinking about it. I'm looking to make a list of books to read in 2012 and hope to accomplish it! I recently downloaded the Steve Jobs biography on my IPAD and I can't seem to get into it.

5. LOVE. It's all that matters.

Abbey & Layla - my darlings. 

HAPPY NEW YEARS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment