My little family!

My little family!

Monday, December 19, 2011

28 weeks!




28 weeks!
Another week, come and gone... with Layla doing more 'tricks' then ever! She is no joke sitting up on her own - barely falling and getting right back up if she does (with a little help!) - she rolls all over and scoots her little bum to get anything she wants. Nothing is safe in the path of Layla - remotes, phones, blankets, bottles - she wants it all and immediately in her mouth! It's so cute and of course I give her anything she wants to play with.

We had a great weekend - Josh's mom came to visit on Friday! It was so much fun to spend quality time with her. Friday, we just spent the night in eating pizza and relaxing. Saturday, we were out all day (I got a much needed manicure/pedicure while they went food shopping, etc) - we met up at Babies R Us and later ventured to the mall. We were super successful and Layla was lucky enough to be gifted some adorable new outfits from Grandma - I think I'm going to have to put away her 3-6 month clothes within the next few weeks - she's growing fast!! We spent the rest of Saturday eating at Cheesecake Factory, relaxing and playing. 

Yesterday was Layla's first Hanukkah party at Aunt Karen & Uncle Brad's house - it was a really great time and I think she really liked it, although by the end she was sleepy, hungry and ready to go home. 

Today, I was so excited to take Josh & his mom to music class - we've missed the past few weeks and it was nice to go back. Miss Sandy, the teacher, kept saying how big Layla has gotten and how pretty she is. Very sweet! Josh's mom left after our lunch at Mad Mex - we miss her already and can't wait for her next visit. We are going to Florida in January for Josh's grandpa's 90th birthday party so it won't be too long before L sees her Florida family!

Hmm - what else.
We started Apples last night - the first food we didn't make ourselves (but it's organic so I'm okay with it) - she seems to like it a lot! So far her food list is:
1. Rice Cereal (her favorite)
2. Bananas
3. Avocado
4. Sweet Potatoes
5. Carrots (loved but we think hurt her belly - we'll try again in a few weeks)
6. Apples

...next up, Pears! 

I am officially 13.0 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight. I haven't been on my best behavior food wise and it seems these last pounds don't want to budge - apparently when you breastfeed, this can happen? Annoying but I'll get there.

Lots to look forward to - play date tomorrow with Addison, Hanukkah starting tomorrow night and lighting the candles for the first time, Hanukkah party at my parent's on Thursday, dinner with the girls on Friday, X-mas eve at Shari & Brian's house on Saturday, Christmas brunch on Sunday at Matt & Danielle's and hopefully a movie after!

I've been feeling yucky since this morning but hoping a good night's sleep with do the trick!! Layla has woken up the past 3 nights at 3:15 AM and cried for about 30 minutes. We had to go in the first two nights but last night she managed to fall back asleep. Don't know what that's about but hoping it's a quick phase - I love that she is doing so well in the crib, although I won't be sad when she gives up her 4 AM feeding. I know she can go until closer to 6 AM (there have been a few nights she did this) so I'm hoping that becomes a more regular thing! 

Lots to be thankful for and lots of love going around - tis the season!
xo
C

p.s. I'm officially in the beginning stages of planning her 1st birthday party. Moonbounce, check (thanks to Groupon!) - next up, picking the date and a photographer!

Theme? MUPPETS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment