My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

19 weeks!!

My lovely 19-week-old!

Her crazy, tipsy parents at a wedding...lol


Week 19, two days late!!

The baby is taking a nap in the pack&play and I have limited time because I need to clean/pack/sit for a bit but I wanted to quick write...

Layla seems to be back to her happy, usual self - PHEW!! It was a rough couple of weeks with no sleep (literally, she slept horrible at night and didn't nap) but we're now back in action. Last night she went to bed at 8:30 and didn't wake up until 5 AM to eat (other then needing the pacifier replaced a couple of times) - much better and I am a happy mommy, indeed.

We had a great weekend - my best friend married the love of her life this weekend. Rachel was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen - she looked radiant.  The whole weekend was so wonderful and I am so thrilled and happy for my dear friends, Rachel & Jason.

Layla spent Friday night at her Uncle Matt and Aunt Danielle's house -- from what I hear, Ava (my oldest niece, 5 years old) watched her!! Layla had a great time and was able to fall asleep NO problem in her carseat. I was worried because she didn't have her normal bedtime routine but it seemed not to matter! :) She didn't wake up when we put her in the car and only briefly woke up when we took her out of the carseat at home - I fed her and she fell right back asleep, phew!

Saturday (the day of the wedding) was the longest I had ever been away from my sweet girl. It was hard but worked out beautifully. She spent the day with Josh - he said it was perfect. They bonded over football :) That night, my cousin Allison came to the house to watch Layla. She texted us a few times to say it was great and that she fell asleep no problem as well :) I gave Alli intense written instructions like a crazy mama but luckily Allison knows me well :) We got home around 2 AM so Layla woke up to us, it was great!!

Next up - Layla's second trip to Florida! We leave on Thursday for a long weekend. We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale, driving up to Sarasota for our friend's wedding (Dan & Jen) along with Josh's parents who will babysit for us during the wedding, driving back to Ft Lauderdale on Sunday morning and leaving that night. It will be a lot of traveling but I am so excited for Layla to see her grandparents, great-grandparents, Aunt Sydney, Aunt Diane and more -- plus she'll get to meet all of our friends!! It should be a great weekend.

I am planning on reading Dr Ferber's book this week and will begin crib training soon. I am not quite ready but Layla really relies on me to put her pacifier back in every night and I think we will both sleep more soundly and longer if she learns to fall back asleep on her own. I can't decide if I want to start next week or wait until after Thanksgiving (we will be going back to Florida for a week and I don't want to crib-train her and then have to re-do it) - uhh, we shall see.

She is teething like a champ and still taking her Zantac twice a day. She hasn't rolled over since the first few times a couple of weeks ago so I'm hoping she starts rolling around soon!! She's so close to rolling back to belly, I can't wait! 

We were able to go pumpkin picking this weekend, it was so much fun!! We went to Shadybrook Farms with Justin, Abbey, Max, Kim and my mom -- a great day!!!

Ok, must run - I swear, a longer entry next time!!!

xoxo
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment