My little family!

My little family!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

3 months!

Your first trip to Florida - You, Your Great-Grandma (GG) and Dada

Your wonderful Great-Grandparents!

Layla, Great-Grandpa, Great-Grandma, Grandma & Max!

A little birdie with Grandpa!

So happy at your baby naming!

Layla & Great-Aunt Diane

Napping in your crib!

Love.Your.Face.

Tummy time in the Pack'N'Play!!

So teeny on our big bed.

I love this butt!

Tummy time, you're getting so good!

Rigby & Layla Practicing Tummy Time!

3 months!

Always happy, always beautiful.

Intense conversations with Mr Bear

3 month stats:
Weight: 11 pounds, 15 ounces (at her last doctor's appointment- I swear she grows everyday!)
Height: 23 1/8th inches
Eating: Exclusively breastfeeding every 2-3 hours during the day & every 4-6 hours at night with the occasional bottle of Similac Sensitive formula while I'm at work.
Clothes: 0-3 month and 3 month.
Diaper: Size 1 (Pampers Sensitive).

Dear Layla,

My darling girl, you are getting so big! Now 3 months old and no longer a newborn - you're in the next wonderful category, infant! 

Our lives are so full with you in it. We can't remember life before you and frankly, we don't want to. I wake up every morning to your beautiful, smiling face and big, blue eyes--I can't believe you are ours forever. 

You continue to be the happy, easygoing baby you've been seen you were born. You are calm, collected, silly and alert. Lately, you've been crying very loud (when you do cry) - it seems you've figured out the louder you cry, the faster we'll fix whatever is wrong. It breaks my heart to hear you like this, luckily it's not very often! You still love your pink chair best (so much so that we bought one for Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop's house too!). You also really enjoy your swing, bouncy seat and crib (sometimes). Standing and swaying is your favorite and you're totally an outdoors girl - the second we step outside to rock on the front porch, you're relaxed. 

You like the car a lot and almost always fall asleep as soon as we start moving. You have two big flowers that hang on your car seat. They both have faces and you have intense conversations with them in the car. You still love music. 

You love your pacifier so much - the search for your thumb continues. You used to get extremely frustrated when you couldn't find it, but now you'll just suck on your fingers, fist - whatever you find first. I can't wait until you can put the pacifier back in your mouth yourself - sometimes when you're sleeping and it falls out, you cry out for help and we pop it back in. 

You are still sleeping really well, for the most part. We tried to have you sleep in your crib but it didn't go very well. It wasn't TOO bad, but you woke up a lot and you missed us. We decided to bring you back in our room (in the pink chair) and you're doing really well. Our bedtime routine is my favorite part of day. We feed you at 7:00 PM, again at 8:15 PM, I put on your sleep sack, I sing "You Are My Sunshine" and you go right to sleep, no questions asked! You tend to wake up around 3 AM and 5:00 or 6:00 AM. It's a little different the days I work but you are a trooper and go with the flow! Your nap schedule is still up in the air. You have been taking a lot of short naps lately with a longer nap in the afternoon. 

You take baths 2-3 times a week. You are starting to hate it again - you cry a bit and I try to finish as fast as possible. I am sorry you hate it so much but I LOVE that after bath smell! Your hair sticks straight up as soon as it dries. It's the cutest thing. 

You are getting really good on your tummy, able to lift your head and shoulders SO well. You have incredible head control, you love to keep your hands together and you are just starting to hold on to toys, your blanket, etc.

You love to have big conversations. You talk to me and Daddy for hours, it's so sweet and I think you will talk early. We make all sorts of funny noises at you and you laugh and smile wonderfully.

We still go on lots of errands together - most of the time, you're sleeping or taking in all the sights and sounds. If your belly is full and your diaper is clean, you're a happy camper!

This past month, you went on your first big vacation to Florida. You were amazing and had so much fun visiting your family. You've also been through your first earthquake and hurricane. Lots of crazy weather! 

I hate that I am back at work - you spend Wednesdays with a nanny, Thursdays with Mom-Mom and Pop-Pop and Friday mornings at home. I miss you so much while I'm gone but I rush home to give you millions of kisses. 

My little Layla, I love you so much. I can't wait to see what memories we make this month! It's my favorite season - I can't wait to spend lots of time outside showing you all that Fall has to offer!

I love you, always.
Your Mama

 


No comments:

Post a Comment