My little family!

My little family!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

9 and 10 weeks!!!!!

I'M A BAD BLOGGER!

this is the first time I've missed a blog and I am so sad!!

Weeks 9 and 10 have been amazing.

We had Laura visit for an entire weekend - then Layla had her first vacation to Fort Lauderdale!! It was a perfect week. She got to see her grandparents, great-grandparents, aunt, great aunt, uncle and friends!! The plane was easy as pie for her - she slept the whole time. We also had her second baby naming - the rabbi that married Josh & I (Rabbi Jonathan Kaplan) was able to perform the baby naming. It was VERY special and a fantastic party, put on by my mother and father in-law. We had an amazing time with family and friends. I'm so looking forward to our next trip down to sunny Florida!

Yesterday was her 2 month doctor's appointment. My peanut is growing FAST!! She was born 7 pounds, 12 ounces and 21 inches. She now weighs an astonishing 11 pounds, 15 ounces and is 23 1/8 inches long!!

That's my girl. She's smiling, laughing, searching for her thumb, sleeping like a champ 8:30 PM-8:30 AM (still waking up around 3 AM and 6 AM to eat) and amazingly beautiful. I'm so completely in love.

I only have the rest of this week and next week before I return to work. I'm NOT excited about it all but I know it will be good for me. I'm still exclusively breastfeeding but I don't think I'll be able to pump enough - I may need to supplement with formula. I'm okay with this and will most likely introduced formula this weekend. Tonight, Layla will attempt to sleep in her crib for the first time. I am excited at the prospect of a sounder sleep but saddened to think she won't be next to me in her pack'N'play. We'll see how it goes.

Today, we went to visit Mom-Mom Millie at rehab - she had some recent scary health complications but is now on the road to recovery. I hope to visit her a few times over the next few days - she lights up when she sees Layla and it makes me feel so good. Next time I go, I'm hoping to bring my good camera and get some nice shots of the two of them together.

That's about it... a million things to write about but of course my brain is mommy mush. (haha)

Yesterday at the doctor, Layla had 4 shots plus an oral vaccine - it was so sad :( She's doing well but sleeping more then usual today. I suppose that's better then a fever and crankiness!!

I'm going to feed her soon and have some playtime.

xx
C


9 weeks and ready to fly!
10 weeks!! Mad at the world? lol

Great-Grandpa, Great-Grandma (GG) and Layla in Florida!

Great-Grandma (GG) and Layla in Florida!

BABY JOSH!!! I can't get over how much Layla looks like him!!

Laughing the morning of her baby naming!!

The necklace we got Josh's mom for her birthday - designed and created by my dear friend and the very talented Jaime Silverstein - gorgeous, huh?

At the doctor's office right before her shots - my favorite picture so far. 

1 comment:

  1. Getting SOOOOOO big so fast. I love her hair. LOL. & don't worry about pumping. Just pump what you can and supplement. It actually makes nursing easier sometimes (like when you are tired and just hand Daddy a bottle). You can also train your boobs. Lol. Nurse her full time when your home and supplement when you're at work! Whatever you do, it's best for LJ :) She is gorg and that last pic HAS to go into a frame xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete