My little family!

My little family!

Monday, August 1, 2011

8 amazing weeks.

8 weeks old and already perfecting her modeling pose ;)  (actually, she's staring at her brother, Shluffy the cat)
8 weeks old!

Happy Monday everyone! 
It's August. My girly is 8 weeks old and chugging right along. 
Someone seems to have pressed fast forward in our house because I SWEAR I blink and another week has gone by (bringing me closer to the end of maternity leave, uhhh).
I still have the rest of August and I'm going to soak up every second.


We had another great week - Layla is still congested slightly but you would never know it - she's ALWAYS smiling and we even heard her first little giggle yesterday! I'm still waiting for the full belly laugh but the giggle just melted our hearts.


Friday was Josh's 29th's birthday -- unfortunately, he caught whatever Layla had and did not feel well at all. :( We ended up cancelling our dinner plans that night and instead took it easy. 


I think the BIGGEST news of all is Layla's sleep routine...it is now amazing. It's been approximately 10 days. 


Fed at 7 PM.
Kept awake (by watching Josh & I play ping-pong every night!)
Fed again at 8:15 PM.
Put in her sleep sack.
Sung a lullaby.
Put to bed. With a pacifier. Which is amazing because it puts her right to sleep but awful because it wakes her up when it falls out. We go back and forth, putting the paci back in over and over again and she almost always falls asleep between 9:00-9:30.
THEN...
she sleeps. until 2 AM. Yes, folks. Last night, I actually had to wake her at 3:15 AM because my boobs were so full I thought they'd explode (sorry. the fun of breastfeeding, lol).
After that, she sleeps again until 5:30-6:00 AM. Eats again.
We wake up around 800 AM.


This has been EVERY night, and she's amazing. 


Her nap schedule isn't quite there yet - probably won't be for a few months but that's okay. It works best when she takes a nice, long afternoon nap - I try to have that in the crib but it's sometimes easier in the living room. 


My video monitor is incredible - I feel so much better being able to see her in the crib!




SO..that's that. She's incredible. (I'll update fully on August 6th, her 2 month birthday!)


This morning, we went to visit an at-home daycare for Wednesdays. I was really nervous (I had 2 nightmares about it last night) - it was actually quite lovely! The woman has run the daycare out of her home for 27 years. She lives across the street from my parents and couldn't have been sweeter. They have about 10 kids there, but Layla would be the youngest. She said she's primarily keep Layla upstairs (all the kids play in the basement) - there are cribs, high chairs, schedules and lists everywhere! It's very organized and I think Layla would do well there. I may have my parents watch her first few Wednesdays I go back to work but there's a good chance she'll go here once a week. I like it much better then a regular daycare. 


Her schedule (once I return to work part-time) - 


Monday - With me :)
Tuesday - With Me :) 
Wednesday - Daycare (Unless I find a nanny to watch her at home)
Thursday - My parents
Friday Morning - It will vary.
Friday Afternoon - With me :)


So that's that. I'm SO nervous to return to work. It makes my tummy turn :(


We have a big, exciting week - 
Laura is coming on Thursday!! 
Saturday, I'm having dinner with my girlfriends while Josh watches the peanut.
Sunday is Rachel's bridal shower!
Monday - We are FLORIDA bound!!!


LOVE THIS FACE!




Last night was the longest we've been away from Layla - we went to Butcher & Singer to celebrate Josh's birthday. My sister watched her and she did amazing - took her bottles (pumped breast milk) like a champ!! It makes me feel much better about leaving her for long periods of time.


Also, on a yucky note - my niece Ava broke her clavicle this weekend :( Poor thing. She's in a sling for 4 weeks and it stinks. At 5 years old, in the middle of summer, she's restricted on what she can do. I feel so bad but she's doing really well - I knew she would. I'm hoping to take her (and everyone else!) to the zoo when I get back from Florida.


Ok.. must go. Lots of TV to catch up on, reading to do (The Help - it's incredible, I'm addicted) and kisses to give!!


xo


My heart.

1 comment:

  1. That little girls gets cuter by the minute! Oh my gosh Court! So glad to hear Layla is feeling better. You seem to be doing awesome too!! Hoping I can get off work and see you guys next weekend. Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete