My little family!

My little family!

Monday, August 29, 2011

12 weeks!!





Moving right along...
this is the week I have been dreading all summer.
On Wednesday, I go back to work. I can't believe it. I can't imagine not spending everyday, all day, with my dear girl.  But alas.. due to our love of going out to eat and our numerous shopping trips to Target, to work we must return. Thanks to Dada, I'm able to go back to work part-time which is a HUGE relief. I'll be working Wednesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings. Nonetheless, it's still very scary and I'm unbelievably nervous. This week, my parents are taking her so I can get used to work and not feel guilty calling 100 times to check on my peanut. She will need to learn to take a bottle for all day-time feedings -- I've been giving her a bottle a day of formula and she's been doing great. She'll be getting a mixture of formula and breast milk - hopefully I can start pumping enough so it's more breast milk but we'll see. I think the formula is causing her to spit-up excessively so I'm going to try the organic sensitive stomach - we will see. I know work will be good for me - it'll give me a bit of "me" time (even if I am sitting in a cubicle daydreaming about Layla) and all that jazz. Who am I kidding? I'm going to be miserable but I'll push through and rush over to see her everyday.


We had a very eventful week..

Layla experienced her first EARTHQUAKE and HURRICANE in Hatboro, PA?!? Bizarre, to say the least. We were very lucky to experience no damage and we are all okay. She did amazing and slept through it all. I hope to say the rest of the year is uneventful as far as natural disasters are concerned!!

The other day, we heard our first big belly laugh - it was the sweetest, most perfect sound. I've been trying ever since to get another big laugh but she's holding out. Hopefully today!!

I'm SO happy to write that Layla is back to her normal sleeping routine. She is back to going to bed at 8:30 PM, waking up at 3:30 AM to eat and 6:00 AM to eat and sleeping again until around 9:00 AM. It's a great schedule and I hope she continues. She's still in our room (in the Fisher Price sleeper) but we'll work on using the crib again soon.

I'm officially down 33 pounds and very proud. I wish my clothes were fitting better (I did manage to wear into a pair of my old jeans the other day) but I know I'll get there soon. Breastfeeding really is a huge contributor to my weight loss as I have yet to get back into a good exercise routine. Luckily, Josh is also working towards losing weight and he's down over 10 pounds! We are one fit family, haha!

That's about that... a few errands to run today, but mostly I plan on kissing Layla all day. :) 12 weeks, really?! Where did the time go??

(by the way, I know about 10 people that had babies the past couple of weeks...so congrats to everyone!!)

First try in the Bumbo! She's a bit too little so we'll try again in a few weeks...

Dinner at my sister's yesterday. I love this face. 


No comments:

Post a Comment