My little family!

My little family!

Monday, August 22, 2011

11 weeks!!



Another week come & gone -- always exciting in our house!!

Today starts the last week of my maternity leave. I'm unbelievably saddened by this but feel so lucky to have spent an incredible amount of time with Layla. I love watching her grow and change everyday. My goal is to win the lottery so I can become a stay-at-home mama, but until then I'm very happy to go back to work part-time. We officially have the baby's schedule of babysitters for while I'm at work and I'm mentally preparing myself for the big change. I was switched to a new team while on maternity leave so I'm excited to learn something new when I get back.

Sleeping -- Post-Florida, Layla has had a hard time getting back to her prior (amazing) sleeping schedule. I tried the crib for 3 nights and we were semi-successful, but she never fully got into a deep sleep. It seems the major problem is finding her stinking thumb!! She wakes up and wants her pacifier or thumb but can't find either on her own -- this results in Josh or myself going into the crib. It was a rough 4 nights of sleep and I ultimately decided to bring her back in our room (the pack'N'play) for a little while longer. I know she'll make it to the crib eventually but probably not for a couple of weeks.

Eating -- I officially introduced one bottle of formula to Layla. At first she spit it out, then cried, then took the entire 4 ounces like a champ! While at work, I'll most likely have to supplement with formula so I feel good knowing she'll be okay taking it. We started with the Similac Advanced and I'll most likely buy the Similac Organic moving forward.

That's about it! I'm eagerly sitting by my phone waiting for a picture of the newest baby to the block - my best friend of many years Keith and his wife, Melissa are expecting their daughter today!! Layla will only be 2 1/2 months older so I know they'll be friends for life :) :)

No big plans for this week - lots of little outings. The weather is cooling down a bit this week so I hope to take some nice, long walks outside! I'm down 31 1/2 pounds (I fit into a REGULAR pair of jeans this week, finally!) and I can't wait to lose the rest.

I hope everyone has a good week - cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment