My little family!

My little family!

Monday, July 11, 2011

5 weeks!

My gorgeous girl, full of smiles.



A quick entry because Layla is in a fabulous mood and I want to soak up every minute with her. :)

...we had a great week. Everything is a bit of a blur but the biggest highlight that sticks out is peanut's first vacation! We traveled all the way to Ventnor and Atlantic City, New Jersey... after an intense packing session (is 20 diapers and 6 outfits for a one month enough for 24 hours..?!) and the decision to bring the pack&play, we ventured out. Layla loves the beach - amazing. She slept like a rock! I guess the warm air, sun and waves were enough to relax her into a deep, deep sleep. She usually eats every 2 hours (almost to the minute) and she went almost 3 1/2 hours that day! Later that night, Josh, myself & Layla treated ourselves to dinner at a yummy steakhouse and stayed over at Harrahs. Josh was able to gamble a bit while Layla and I went to bed early...she did fantastic!! Turns out the Pack&Play is her favorite place to sleep and is now in our bedroom replacing the Fisher Price sleeper, bassinet and swing -- haha. We came home from the shore on Saturday and relaxed the day away, sans a trip to Target and TGIFridays for dinner.

Sunday, we went to my dear friend Jaime's house for another day of fun in the sun! We went swimming and it was fantastic - Layla went in the pool for about 4.9 seconds. I became an insane person and didn't let her stay in because the sun was beating down and I got nervous she would get burnt - plus she cried because the water was cold. So instead, she took a long snooze in the warm weather while we all swam :) 

Today was doctor's appointment day. Layla did amazing, per usual :) She has gained a lot since her last appointment and is now up to 8 pounds, 14 ounces!! I'm so proud. I was going to ask the doctor about supplementing with formula but I've decided I'm not ready to do that yet - plus when I told the doctor I breastfeed exclusively, he seemed so happy and proud - right now, it's the best thing for us. I may begin supplementing when I return to work but I think I'll continue the way we are now -- I need to thank all the AMAZING women who have contacted me with their thoughts and wisdom about breastfeeding versus formula. You have all been so sweet and supportive. I feel like I'm in a very important, amazing club - the Mama club!! Anyway - Layla had her second Hepatitis B shot today :( She cried for a few seconds but quickly stopped and is doing perfect now. She is 75-90% for height and 50% for weight. The doctor called her "tall and thin" - wahoo!!

I also had my follow-up doctor's appointment. He said everything looks great and gave me the go-ahead to start exercising!! YES YES YES!! I'm now down 26.8 pounds and ready to get rid of the rest!! 

... so that's that. My mom has off all week so I plan on spending lots of time with her.. and Josh's parents come to town this weekend, so we're VERY excited to spend some quality time with them! 

Things are good - I'm trying not to think about returning to work (it breaks my heart thinking about leaving her) and I'm really getting the hang of this mama thing. 

Have a great week everyone!
xo
Courtney

(p.s. we still need a nanny for Wednesdays from 7AM-3PM - if you, or anyone you know, is looking to make some extra cash and hang with one fabulous little lady, let me know!)


1 comment:

  1. Wish we lived closer! I'm home every Wednesday! Keep going with the BFIng mama you're doing amazing and the fun is really going to begin :)

    ReplyDelete