My little family!

My little family!

Monday, June 13, 2011

*Layla Jules England*

(A quick entry while she naps...)

On June 6, 2011 at 9:13 AM weighing 7 pounds, 12 ounces and measuring 20 inches long - our perfect, amazing, incredible, gorgeous and insanely wonderful daughter was born. The C-Section was a great experience (I'll write more about that later this week) and we couldn't have asked for a better newborn.

Breastfeeding is going really well - she sleeps, eats and poops like a champ and we're slowly getting into a routine.

I can't remember life before her.

Josh has been the ultimate father and husband - I can't say it enough. I'm so lucky and proud to be married to him. He's completely in love with Layla and is so gentle and sweet with her. He has helped me recover from surgery and is willing to do anything and everything to make sure I'm happy and comfortable. We make a great team -- he is in charge of diapers and I'm in charge of feeding! ;)

We are so humbled by all the love and support we've received this past week - between the phone calls, texts, gifts, facebook messages, and visits -- we've realized just how lucky we are to be surrounded by family and friends.

Today we had our newborn pictures taken with Erin McCombie, a photographer I found on www.thebump.com -- she was so awesome. We took some family shots (I pray I don't look like a whale - I'm currently down about 15 pounds but I have a lot more to go!) but tons of Layla by herself. She looked so sweet - my mom said it reminded her of Anne Geddes! Erin came to our house and we shot everything in her nursery which was so easy and wonderful. I was able to nurse her and it was a relaxing way to take newborn pictures. I have a feeling I'm going to end up printing all of them!!

We have her first doctor appointment tomorrow and I'm excited to see how she is doing - plus she hasn't left the house since we came home from the hospital. It will be good for us both! (I've been lucky enough to venture out to Babies R Us, Dicks and CVS! - thanks Grandma Lisa for babysitting!)

I'll leave you with some pictures from my IPhone - I plan on uploading the pictures from my camera sometime tomorrow -- it's just so hard to do anything but stare at her face!

39 weeks pregnant and ready to POP! About to head to the hospital...


Nervous, anxious, excited!



LJE - 5 minutes old! 

My heart.

Sleepy and elated.

Seriously. I know I'm biased but she has the most beautiful face I've ever seen.

3 AM -- ready to eat. This is my favorite picture so far. She looks like Buddha.


Ready to go home!!!!


First bath!!!

Sneak peek of her newborn photos <3




p.s. HAPPIEST BIRTHDAY TO MY MOM-MOM MILLIE!!! 89 YEARS YOUNG AND FABULOUS AS EVER!!!!!!





1 comment: