My little family!

My little family!

Monday, June 27, 2011

3 weeks old!

Sporting a Beatles onezie thanks to Aunt Danielle & an adorable white headband thanks to Mom-Mom Andi!


When I think about this blog and what I want to do with it - I always come back to the same point. I want a place to write down the memories, the everyday happenings of my peanut. 

Goal # 1? Post a picture of her every week, the same way I did my belly. I know I'm two weeks late but I will post pictures for weeks 1 and 2 at a later time.

Goal # 2? Updates from any doctor's appointments, etc. 

Goal # 3? Updates from any big adventures we went on, etc. 

And obviously write about anything that seems fun and interesting along the way... milestones and such. 

So. Goal # 1, accomplished! 

Goal # 2 - We had her second doctor's appointment on Friday. She did fabulous once again! I had the doctor check our her belly button. After it fell off, it continued to bleed a bit which resulted in my first phone call to the pediatrician (verdict? totally normal). She weighed a whopping 7 pounds, 11 ounces for an 8 OUNCE GAIN! Turns out eating every 2-3 hours really helps in the weight gain department ;) I am so proud of her. 

Goal # 3 - We've been everywhere! After reaching the point in my recovery where I was allowed to drive again, I hopped in my Nissan Rogue and never looked back. 

On Monday, we visited Josh at work and had lunch.
On Tuesday, I did a massive tour of Northeast Philadelphia visiting friends and family.
On Wednesday, my mama and my oldest niece, Ava, came over for the day which was fabulous. I was able to go to Target and my mama did some cleaning for me. We had a few visitors that day and night so it was really fun!
On Thursday, we went to Layla's first weekly dinner at my parent's house - she did great! We had yummy Israeli food and I chowed down on some hummus. 
On Friday, two of my best friends came over to spend the afternoon with Layla & I ...it was great to gossip and chat with them. Later that night, we went to Las Margaritas for yummy Mexican!
On Saturday, we went bridesmaid dress shopping for Rachel's October wedding - Layla did  so good and slept the whole time, allowing me to try on the dress! (Which, by the way, are beautiful...and Vera Wang!)
On Sunday, we had a surprise visit to the emergency room due to an adverse reaction to a medication Josh took -- thank God everything is fine and he is feeling much better. 

And that's just a few things Layla did this week...She is so easy and wonderful to go out with. I didn't know how I'd be as a mother but ultimately, I'm not afraid to expose her to new places and things. I don't let people touch her and she's always in her car seat but I think it's important she isn't kept indoors for too long. 

(On a personal note, I've now lost over 23 pounds and I don't plan on the weight loss stopping!! I can't wait to start using our new elliptical)

So that's that.

Layla, Josh & I are learning everyday -- her schedule is forever changing. She mostly eats every 2 hours (although last night it was every 3- 3 1/2 hours!). She sleeps a lot but is staying awake for longer periods throughout the day. She doesn't cry very much and it's always for a reason (for example, a massive poopy diaper or hunger). We've realized how much she loves her pacifier - it now seems cruel not to give it to her. She gets it only when she cant seem to calm down but they really seem to sooth her soul, so to speak. And the only ones I use are called "Soothies" - they're great for newborns! I'm still surprised that she's using a Paci but ...like everyone told me...

"Everything you plan and everything you think you'll do as a parent will be thrown out the window!"

Isn't that the truth...

She is sleeping beautifully in her swing and has been for about a week. We use the bassinet rarely.

Breastfeeding is going well - I'm far from a professional but I'm getting better everyday. My boobs still hurt and it's HARD work but worth it in the end :)

I'm still sad and worried sometimes..I'm still crying in the shower every so often but overall feeling MUCH better and calmer about it all. I'm almost healed from the C-Section but still feel pain from time to time. 

I'm learning and looking forward to the coming days... Layla's one fabulous little lady and this is the adventure of a lifetime. 


1 comment:

  1. it gets easier court!! I promise!! And then one day they smile at you, and you forget how hard it was in the beginning. That's when I stopped feeling like a robot and started feeling like a real mommy :)

    ReplyDelete